Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Ferrari

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Oh my God, I think I'm going to cry.:D

Ferrari has announced it's new Super Car, deemed the Enzo. Absolutely beautilful.

[​IMG]

Specs:

Engine: 6.0 liter V-12, quad ohc, 48v, producing 660 hp @ 7800rpm and 484 lb/ft torque at 5500rpm

Power-to-Weight: 483.5 hp per tonne

Performance:

0-60; 3.62 sec
    0-125; 9.5 sec
    0-125-0; 14.2 sec
    Fiorano lap time; 1 min, 25.3 sec
    Top speed; 217 mph

Transmission: F1-inspired paddle shifter, capable of 150 millisecond shifts

Dear lord, it is a beautiful thing. I just read an article on Top Gear Magazine (where the pic comes from) and it sounds stunning. They are only making 349 of them, and to get one you have to be ASKED if you want it.

They are all sold, at $620,000 a piece.:D

And just to make it that much better, it was tested and honed by none other than Michael Schumacher himself, over the last year. And the coolest part is that the hood was designed to look like the nose off of Schumacher's F1 racer.:D I love it, and I want one.

Rock on
    Eric

2. it kinda looks like a Lamborguini (SP?) F$^&#d a lizard!

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    do you want one?

(now you can feel free to buy one, right?)

4. In a word,

YES!!!!

Rock on
    Eric

5. Wow. That's about as quick and fast as a Suzuki GSXR-1000. For $14,000 :D

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i still like the F40 more.

[​IMG]

7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    No.

8. how long before one turns up on www.wreckedexotics.com ........

seeing all those smashed-up Ferraris, BMW m-series, McClaren F1's, Maseratis etc. makes me feel better about having a totally rubbish car myself:oops:

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I dunno... midship engine cars never really did it for me. Except for the NSX for some reason. That is pretty nice, though. I like the lines on the back end.

10. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
  11. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    Nissan 350Z *drools*

12. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Enzo is NOT the F60...that designation is reserved for the anniversary, like the F40 and F50 before it. Certain media hypes just threw that name at this car a year and a half ago through their all knowing editorials:rolleyes:

Anyway, it doesn't matter...this car is bad and will definitely be a rare sight.

Oh, I've never seen a stock gixxer1000 do 217 though:D

Peace.

Alex

13. That is beautiful, I'd love to own a ferrari one day but that will never happen, I guess I'll just have to settle for a porsche ;).

Anyway, I think this is quite a beautiful car as well...

14. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    Enzo looks F-1.

15. The F40 is an amazing car, emphasis on amazing, but how can anyone deny the lines and the speed of the F50?

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Mine's on order. It's supposed to be here in November. The U.S. version tops out at 155 mph, due to government regs. Anybody want a ride?

17. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    $14,000!! HOLY CRAP!! You can get a brand new Hayabusa for $13,000 around here. One just recently sold for $9500 because it was a 2001 model they hadn't moved yet!
    The only Suzuki dealership in town puts $10k on the new Gixxer 1000s, but they usually sell around $9k.

18. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    DO I want one: yes
    Can I drive one: No
    Will I die in one: yes
    Can it hold ANY bass gear what-so-ever: No
    Do I want one though? : Oh god yes...

19. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.

I read in a magazine that one of the new Corvettes' 0-60 was in the high 2's...

20. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

That must've taken the world acceleration record then - previously held by what was effectively a go-kart powered by 2 Kawasaki ZX-9R engines (one powering each rear wheel!)

It was a few hundredths over 3 seconds 0-60mph. That team were also going to attempt a faster car - using 2 ZX-12R engines to power the vehicle!