New Finger Pains

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Dec 13, 2005.

1. The last 3 days, I've been playing my ass off (much more then usual). After the first 2 days, my fingers started hurting. Not like the muscles or cramps, the fingertips. The part that actually hits the string (only on my right hand BTW, my picking hand) is really sore and raw feeling. It doesn't bother me until I actually start playing, then it hurts like hell. Any ideas? Why, after years of playing bass and having nice hard fingertips, do they all of a sudden hurt so much?
  2. The last 3 days, [you]'ve been playing [your] ass off (much more then usual).
  3. Yea, but I do that all the time. Sometimes I don't play at all for a week, then I do nothing but play for the next week. Sometimes I play like 2 hours a day, then for a few days in a row I'll play for like 6 hours. This never happened though. It's annoying.
  4. Ah, I was confused when you said, "more than usual". Maybe you're playing harder or something.
  5. J Q F

J Q F Guest

Dec 23, 2005
    Victoria, Australia
    Hope you fixed the problem. I kinda had the same problem when I 1st heard jaco. I spent a solid month making my fingers bleed til my teacher put me onto flat wounds but they kill your slap tech. Maybe your putting more into it or hitting harder? Dipping your finger tips in vinigar* can harden them but then you said that they were allready quite hard so I don't know. I think just take it as a compliment for all the hard hours you've been putting in.
    Keep up the good work!

J Q F
    Jimmy Quick Fingers

*can't find the dicuarary