Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New 'fish in the pond!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by watspan, Nov 2, 2005.

1. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    My new Reverend Rumblefish Premium Mahogany topped wish was waiting on the front porch when I got home today :hyper:

She's a beaut and joins my white/gold 4 and blue 5L which I'd gotten used several years ago.

Boy it's fun getting a new bass, set up with new strings fresh from the factory. Thanks Reverend! $10.00 gig bag too!

I think there are still some left on their site. The look isn't for everyone, but the light weight, playability and tone are outstanding. A tremendous value at $700 plus change imho!
    http://www.reverenddirect.com/reverend/images/demo_cos_sec_models/basses/rumblefish_quilted.jpg

2. Doesn't exist unless there are pics to prove it. :smug:

- Andrew

3. !?!

4. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    no digital cam, but i'll see if i can scour up the link to their website where it was posted.

5. I got the same one, delivered on Tuesday.

No digital camera either, but here is one.

[​IMG]

6. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Good lord thats the most beautiful reverend ever! Mighty congrates to you, makes me want to buy one !

7. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    So....
    What do you like about that bass? Its pretty different, so Im curious what you see in it.

8. You TOO????

I got one on MONDAY!

Here she is....
    [​IMG]

ain't she great??? :D :D

9. I have only had it for a short time, but so far...

The neck is amazing IMO, feels great! Fast and fits my hand like a glove.

It's light and balances really nice.

I have only played a little thru a amp (low volume), but seems to go from an agressive tone to a smooth old school tone with ease. I still have to crank it a little and really put it through some hoops.

I think I want another. :p

10. What do you think so far?

11. Well...
    I have only had it for a short time, but so far...

The neck is is really great IMO, feels amazing! It's fast and fits my hand very well.

It's light and balances good.

I have only played a little thru a amp turned down low volume, but seems to go from a smooth old school tone to an agressive tone easily. When I get a chance to play it louder and crank it up, I'll really test it out.

:bag:

....hahaha...I don't really have a Rumblefish...but I'd love to have a school of 'em...

12. LOL, I wasn't sure, but I figured maybe he did get one...

Fell for that one! :p :spit: :p

13. To quote Eric Cartman, "I hate you guys."
    I wish I could have pulled the trigger on one of those. :meh: