1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New (Fodera) Bass Day! well, its been a couple weeks.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by landrybass, Jul 10, 2019.

1. landrybass

landrybass

Oct 23, 2011
    Ok so I diddnt actually get this bass today, ive had it for a couple weeks. Posted to Fodera FB page but wanted to share with folks who may not be on the Facebooks.

Top is multipiece (4 sections) of figured walnut. Birdseye fingerboard. Walnut body wings with flamed maple tone block. 5 piece maple neck with walnut stringers, large maple butterfly and ebony tulip inlays. It also has a titanium truss rod and top-matching wooden back cover plate. Shes a dream come true! Cant say enough good things about Fodera!

5. 6. 7. 8.
    11. 9.

2. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggravesmusic.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    That bass is a stunner! That’s the first I’ve heard of a titanium truss rod too- stiffer than steel?

landrybass likes this.
  3. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Nice... I got a Fodera a couple of years ago and I've never did a NBD, ah well. It's to late now... I'll wait 8 more years and I'll post a NBD (New Bass a Decade ago). :D

4. landrybass

landrybass

Oct 23, 2011
    I’m not sure about stiffer, but it is lighter in weight. Not sure if they are continuing to offer them.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Exactly, titanium is not stronger than steel but it is lighter.

landrybass likes this.
  6. Picton

Picton

Aug 16, 2017
    Reading, MA
    Can I be the idiot who asks why the strap button is off-center? I know it’s not an error...

Balance, I suppose?

7. rickster4003

rickster4003

Feb 15, 2013
    Schweet! Hope it sounds as good as it looks.

8. rickster4003

rickster4003

Feb 15, 2013
    By locating off center that will put a slight heaviness below the rotation point of the strap and make it more stable. If it was located opposite, it would want to rotate around that point, more unstable.

Picton likes this.
  9. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Beautiful! You need to bring it to the Fodera camp they are having next month at Wooten Woods. I’ll be there with mine.

landrybass likes this.
  10. landrybass

landrybass

Oct 23, 2011
    I saw that, I really wish I could but unfortunate cant make it. I had some questions after I got the bass and they have been really helpful and responsive. How many guitar companies can you ask a question and speak directly with one of the owners?

ClassicJazz likes this.
  11. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    DANG!!!! That is sweet!

landrybass likes this.
  12. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I actually had the pleasure of visiting their shop when I was having some tone issues. You couldn’t ask for a nicer bunch of people. They even took me out to lunch!

landrybass likes this.
  13. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    I saw this on the site and it took my breath away. Very nice!! Congrats.

I got two new Foderas last month but didn't do a NBD thread since I already shared them on the club thread.

landrybass likes this.
  14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Yeah! And wow! Congrats. A beautiful bass.

landrybass likes this.