New Fodera, For Real!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, May 16, 2002.

1. I even have pictures! Mine has tone controls though, and I don't really play jazz.
  2. Smokin'. Not sure I like the pickup placement, but that top is jizzworthy.
  3. Very nice! Love that buckeye top!

Kinda odd pickup placement - How does it sound?

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

(did you sell the MTD and Reverend?)
  5. Fodera normally uses 70's J pickup positions, but this one has the pickups where they would be on a P and an MM. Pretty good idea, methinks. String spacing is narrow at the nut, with full spacing at the bridge. Perfect for me. Man! When I started playing this, I kept giggling like a schoolgirl. I traded an MTD, Wal, and a Lull P Bass for this thing and it was definitely worth it.
  6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Nice. Congrats.

What's up with the B string tuner choice, though?
  7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    that's Fodera extended b peg head- it keeps the strings as straight as possible- it's really fun at tuning time!!
    congrats, funky!! beautiful!!
  8. Nice looking bass funky. Foderas really do look classy. That was a lot of basses to trade up, though. What would the Fodera be worth in $s, roughly?

9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Ooooooh, congrats from me too! I also love the pickup placement.

I do believe the *theory* is that additional string length between nut and tuning peg improves flexibility/intonation of the B string (obviously tension remains the same). It's more critical for the B because of that string's higher mass.
  10. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    oh, fuzzbass, you're such a showoff!!!!!:rolleyes:
  11. Yeah, the extended B peghead looks a little odd to me, and it's confusing, but whatever. I'm not sure if it serves much of a function in reality, but those guys designed it like that, so I'll just have to get used to tuning that way.

I was a little freaked about trading three basses for this one, but now that I've laid my hands on it, I understand.

This bass is unique, even for a Fodera, because of the pickup placement as well as the fact that the upper and lower horns are hollowed out, which makes the bass lighter and more resonant. Also, from what I understand, the maple butterfly headstock inlay is old-school Fodera.

Yeah, the bass rocks.
  12. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Man i now need to go clean out my pants! Very sweet bass! What kind of pickups do they use?
  13. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    So, for how long are you planning to keep it? Two months? Three? :D
  14. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeap and on the fourth month, he is going to give it to me a mid summer gift :D

Congrats man, that is a pretty bass. I'm jealous now :)
  15. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Was that the one at BassNW, Funky?
  16. Hey Craig, yeah, it's the BassNW one. There's no way I could have afforded to buy it, but Evan made it happen--and for that, I am eternally grateful to BassNW.
  17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  18. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    I'd like to hear some sound clips if you get the chance - interested in that pickup layout.
  19. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    U Bastid!!!! NOOooooooooo!!

i was surfing over to BNW yesterday, hoping to catch an eyeful of my baby, when suddenly, it became your baby!!! Ahhhh!! :D

nice score. Evan's the man, btw!
  20. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey funky, nice bass.

so, did you pick out the top from their back yard?