Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Fodera: Thanks TB'ers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joelc73, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Earlier this week someone posted a photo of really cool Emperor Elite owned by Carlos Del Puerto. Anyway, the Fed Ex guy just dropped it off an hour ago. If not for TalkBass I wouldn't have known about the bass, so thanks all.

Anyway, here are a couple of photos.

http://homepage.mac.com/joelc73/PhotoAlbum10.html

It's a pretty happening bass. I still need to set it up, but it looks really promising. I'll use it on tonight's gig and report back.

It has one of the best Chestnut tops I've seen.

Thanks again.

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Sweet. I also like the looks of that Jackson fretless 6. Still for sale? If so, how much?

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    you bastiche!! i wanted that bass real bad!- i spoke to him about it- but the timing was wrong-- congrats! it is one of the nicest tops ive seen- oh well, im over it, thanks Goid!!- enjoy!- Adrian

4. Shinster

Shinster

Feb 23, 2002
    SF Bay area CA
    I don't get it, am I missing something?
    I was watching what I thought was that bass on ebay, it still had a day to go and the price currently bid on it was at $3500. ??? I was still deciding whether to pounce on that puppy!! What gives??:confused:

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    maybe a slight case of "money talks.."

6. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Yep. It's still on Ebay. That guy should really stop the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=921006720

Nice bass Joel!! I love the ramp!

7. Shinster

Shinster

Feb 23, 2002
    SF Bay area CA
    ahhh, he should have had a "buy it now" price on it. I guess I'm glad he didn't because it probably would have been sitting in my living room now, with me wondering how to explain another bass purchase to my wife :p That is one beautifull bass that I'll be dreaming about for a while!

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Oh, THAT'S what that is! Couldn't tell on my crappy monitor here at work. At first I thought someone might've had it converted from soapbars to singlecoils.

9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Oh yeah: congrats from me too, that's a stunner... love the fingerboard as well as the body.

10. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Carlitos is a great player and a cool guy- but i guess hes not too hip on ebay protocol because we had talked about me buying the bass- and he said cool- and i told him i needed a couple of days- but when i saw the bass had been bid on- i emailed him to congratulate him and he said- " keep working on it because nobody has sent money" - so i explained that since there as already a bid- the bass was as good as sold- i dont think he was really hip to all this- maybe thats what happened- at any rate - congrats again Joelc- how manny killer Foderas do you have now?- and i see your fretless for sale- did you find your Caron 6?- peace!- Adrian

11. Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Carlos is a really cool guy. I told him my deal which was that I was looking at two basses and didn't want to get out bid on his last minute and then lose the other one also. I asked if he was alright with just selling it on the spot and he was. Again, a great guy to deal with; very legitmate. And those of us who saw him play at bassday 2000 know he's a pretty happening player also.

Also, the fretless is for sale. My wife is getting hip to the whole "what? that bass? I've had that forever" line. The top on my fretless is just as (if not more) ridiculous than this one. It has a ton of blue and black in it.

It's on Bassgear right now.

12. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    So, uh, when will you be selling the Fodera you just got? :D

13. Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Probably by Sunday... just kidding. I think I'll keep this one for a while. My whole thing is that if I'm not using an expensive bass pretty actively, I'd rather sell it and get something else. I also like to buy stuff just to try it and see what I think. The more instruments you spend time with the more you figure out what you do and don't like.