New Foo's - In Your Honour

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Jun 13, 2005.

1. I fing love it! It rocks!

What say you?

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I will buy it tommorow :hyper:
  3. Iheard the whole rock side of this on MySpace last week, and I didn't like it a whole lot...we'll see. Someone make me a "review" copy and we'll see if it grows on me. ;)
  4. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    Yep, gonna buy it tomorrow too. I have not bought a Foo Fighter album since 95. All the neutered stuff of late has not done anything for me, glad to see they found their balls.

Listening to it right now , its rockin :bassist:
  6. Its been on heavy rotation on me iPod - I'm loving it more with each listen. Love both discs, but have to lean toward the rockin one more....
  7. Sorry to be the only one here keeping this thread alive, but-

i got the limited edition thingy with the dvd included, and since im a shameless fan of "making of's" i am a very happy shopper.

is it just me, or is the drummer drugged up? or are they all?

no matter, i love the new album. I'm also one of those people who liked One By One. Go figure, cos its my taste against urs so no one wins anyway.

And, just to throw it in here, is it just me or do other listeners hear some Rush-style stuff in the new foo's????
  8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i didn't really like one by one, but my dad has already got the latest. and i'll be visiting for the weekend.

so... :bassist:?
  9. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    "In Your Honor" is a very impressive record IMO. I think the Foos really outdid themselves this time. Every song has a catchy hook; I'm especially liking "DOA". The rock disc seems like a mix of the best elements of their previous work with memorable lyrics, excellent groove, and being plain fun to listen to.

10. I havent checked it out yet but I loved One by One........dont have any other albums.
  11. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I picked it up on Tuesday. Love it. Been listening to the rock disc more by far (especially when working as a pizza driver).

Who ever thought when they first started out they would ever write a song like "Virgina Moon" , that would be a great song in the modern jazz lounges.