Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New for Spector 2002!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr. Dead, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Spector bass is launching a new semi-acoustic bass with a Fishman Power Bridge Piezo pickup!

Also, the Aguilar OBP-1 preamp will be included in the entire Europe (Czech) series Spectors!!!

Lastly, for those who haven't heard, the "Rebop" is the newest bass from Spector. They are the new Europe series bolt-on Spectors.

Go to www.spectorbass.com for details!

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    SWEET MOTHER! I mean, like the spectors didnt already sound like Butter, they go and do THIS!

GOD BLESS THEM!

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh man, i just went to the website. Oh my god, have i ever mentioned i LOVE SPECTOR! I always wanted a black spector, just a black one. no brown, nothing like that. I always wanted a Czech to..... AND LOOK AT WHAT WE GOT HERE BOYS!

http://www.spectorbass.com/images/rebop4blkbig.jpg

I have found my next bass. Screw the pro series, IM GETTING THIS BABY!

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Wait a minute......HZ'S!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ACTIVES! DANGET! Almost a perfect bass.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    O my god, im talking to myself arnt i? O WELL!

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    it being a czech you could save some dough and drop some emgs in there. the semi-hollow bass looks very nice!

7. At least it has the 18 volt Aguilar preamp in it. You could always ugrade the pickups later.

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    O trust me my friend......it shall be......it shall be.
    The wait is unbearable! Darn the whole money and buying stuff system!

9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Cool. Glad that I waited on ordering an NS5CRFM. Now I can get one with the Aguilar preamp in it.:D
    In green stain. God I can't wait for my taxes to get done so I can call Gard.:p

10. You may have to wait a bit. I'm sure the stores are still stocking the Czech's w/ the EMG preamp right now and likely won't stock the Czech with the Aguilar until they sell the existing ones. However, you could probably special order one.

I alway new that if the Czechs ever included a green stain they would be the most popular choice. Seems I'm right so far!

11. Also, the Czech Bolt-Ons don't have Figured Maple tops, a brass bridge, Schaller tuners and crown inlays. A step again between the Pro series and the neck-thru Czechs.

Cool.

12. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

omg i just ordered the catalog (even though i have 2 already)..do you think itll have the new basses in it?? wow this is great. even though i wouldnt buy the BO, the new preamp is really cool.

13. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    one more question, is the list price any higher for the new neckthrough??

14. Aguilar is now stock!?!?!

damn, what bad timing! I've had my Czech for a few months now....if only I had waited.

I've been thinking about putting an OBP-1 in mine, but I don't want to void the warranty.

Maybe I'll just have to wait and buy a nice green one somewhere down the line :)