Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New found love for my Eden Nav "Enhance" knob

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sanctum, Sep 10, 2002.

1. I havent had my Navigator too long (couple of months) and never really used the Enhance knob that much after reading around here that many didnt like it (i was just bypassing it completely). Well since switching basses and searching for the new sweet spot, I decided to really play around. After an hour of fiddling, I ended up with the EQ flat again and the Enhance on at about 11 oclock. BEWM. I'm getting some serious low end out of my 15" now (floor shaking) and great mids/highs out of the 2x10. I know the Enhance is only boosting lows and highs, but it seems to find a sound I was unable to by manually manipulating the EQ. And it doesnt seem to boost as much output as when you add to the EQ settings either. I'm also running the compressor now too, which, when used right, can be quite nice. Still havent really figured out what the hell the Tube setting is for, the sound difference is negligible from one end to the other.

so, like, i'm happy :)

(until the next time I fiddle with the knobs)

Greg

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That's what I use! I really like the setting, actually. You get a lot of low. You lose some punch and clarity, but it's a very "dub" kinda sound. I dig it.

3. yea, that kind of describes the low feeling - but I didnt lose any highs, in fact i had to adjust the settings on my bass down a bit as I was getting some string clinkiness on the high end due to the enhance high boost. but its sounding really good. Maybe the mids are lost a bit ....

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Huh. May be the different bass and cabs.

5. My enhance is on 11 as well. It is the only setting I could find that didn't accent or not accent anything too much.