Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW Frankie Bello Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boomfunk, Dec 30, 2005.

1. boomfunk

boomfunk

Jun 6, 2005
    anyone played one or know what they are like? :eyebrow:

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    It's metal thrashin' mad.

3. they didnt look that good to me. but i'm not a fan of p/j config.'s on a jazz style bass. looks too much ilke an aerodyne

4. boomfunk

boomfunk

Jun 6, 2005
    rrp $$$ ?

5. steve21

steve21 Banned

If I had to guess, it'd retail for 699, just like the Geddy Lee and Mike Dirnt.

6. hahaha we all can only hope.

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I havn't played one, but I'm not wild on the look.... :rollno:

8. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival at the shop near my office, because I think I'd love a P/J bass with a Quarter Pounder P and noiseless J. I think it would be cool to be able to dial out some of the QP's boom, and have it filled in with J growl. I wish it had a P body, and maybe blue sparkle finish with pearloid binding, but I suspect I'm alone on the latter point! :D

Anyway, the MSRP is $999, and I'm told it will sell for $699.

The dealer gave me a copy of Fender's promo sheet for retailers, which is pretty funny. It suggests using these "buzz phrases": "The angry man bass;" and "Sling it low, and let the low end flow."

9. FeelTheGroove

FeelTheGroove

Dec 2, 2005
    Im curious to hear how it sounds with that pickup combination, but it looks kinda plain in my opinion.