1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Free Ampeg Cab Day!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MN_Bass, Aug 23, 2012.

1. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    Saw a post on my local CL for a Free Ampeg Cabinet, called the poster, and it looks like B25 Bass Cab 2x15, It's in pretty rough shape but with some new speakers, duratex and some loving it should be rumbling again , This should be a sweet match for my V4, I've started peeling the funky rotten tolex off of it, I'll keep this thread updated with pics as I go. FREE AMPEG SCORE!

FullFrontalB25.
    b25sidehandles.
    b25side.
    b25backvinyl.
    B25InsideBack.
    B25Front.
    B25BSpeaker.
    b25bottomcaster.
    B25Bottom.
    B25Stripped.

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Sweet.

Ya she needs some love.....cheap, cheap love.

All the important stuff is there. If it's wobbly at all, I'd be knocking those corner joints apart, sopping them full of glue, and clamping it all back together square again. If it's still stiff, cleaning those out and just letting some fresh glue run in the cracks should do it.

3. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Nice!

I'm doing the exact same thing with a V4 Cabinet.

It was covered in several layers of: black spray paint, white spray paint, cat pee, and some sort of black textured material. As to what, beats me.

I got it re-tolexed today. :D

4. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    How cool! Those look like Jensens but I can't see any bigger photos than those thumbnails.

5. loum123

loum123

Aug 9, 2012
    That could be my old cab.I left it for dead in an old practice space.The follies of youth!

6. MN_Bass

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    They are jensens, one is torn, anybody know what kind of wrench gets the front baffle off, looks like a half moon or banana shape :) it looks like it was exposed to the elements in the guys garage I got it from.

7. subbasshz

subbasshz

Aug 11, 2012
    phoenix az
    Im addicted to punishing volume.
    so pretty. . . leave it just how it is! oh please!

8. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    +1000 New speakers, that's all that needs. Mojo fo dayz!!!

9. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    It's called a clutch head screw. You should be able to find a screw driver that work in any hardware store or from fliptops. or you can use a flat head and be really careful. It looks like you have the rear loaded version of this cab, so it's not really necessary to take the grill off unless you're replacing it. Good luck with the cab, getting the speakers repaired might be cheaper than buying new ones, depends on the speakers that are in there vs what you want to buy. The jensens are for sure not original to the cab, though.

10. MN_Bass

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thanks for the info, it's gonna get a complete makeover :)