1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new fretless...need opinons

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ealasker, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I like the way the schecter looks a little better. You sure you want a lined fretless? Personally, I like the way unlined looks.

2. ealasker

ealasker

Jun 30, 2007
    i am no where near man enough to take an unlined yet...or else i would pick up the warwick corvette for the same price...sigh

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You can't go wrong with either. My money would be on the Conklin GT.

4. i'd leap for the conklin.
    although i thoroughly suggest going unlined, it'll be hard at first, and in the long run will be worth it

5. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    I'd go for the conklin, in red if they have it.

6. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Conklin, and either the red or natural would be a great finish. Everything I've heard about the build quality is tops for the money, the Schecter is simply ugly for me and I think fretless basses sound better as simple bolt-ons and not neck-throughts with "hippy sandwiches" like the Schecter.

7. my vote goes for the Conklin. I own a Conklin GT7 fretless and couldnt be happier with it.

8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Conklin.

There's no comparison between Conklin and Schecter.

9. groove pump

groove pump

Oct 24, 2006
    I dig that Conklin, too, but for the price on it, I'd wait on dropping that dough until I could have a test drive with a Lakland Skyline.

10. ealasker

ealasker

Jun 30, 2007
    unfortunately i was on vacation when all of you posted and bought the schecter...i really couldnt pass up the deal i got on it hopefully it will work well. And i have no idea how anyone could say that the schecter is ugly, that thing is sexxxxxy.