New Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ned, Nov 2, 2000.

1. Ned

Ned

Jan 27, 2000
    I know that Ibanez, Peavey and Fender have been discussed heavily on this board, but I have a question regarding these three for everyone. I just got back from my local music store, and I am interested in buying a fretless. Thre were three I was looking at particularly. First, a new MIM Fender Jazz (lined). Then, a new lined Peavey Foundation. Finally, a used unlined Ibanez SR400FL. I played all three extensively, and I think I like the Foundation's tone the best, but that wass through the store's amp, not mine. But I like the fact that the Ibanez is unlined. And I love Jazz basses, period. They are all very close in price. What do you guys think about each of these? Sorry for the lengthy post, but I am stuck right now.

Ned Swann

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    One of the best fretlesses I've played for the money was a used Foundation I played at a store that specialized in pianos. It was $175 and I didn't need a fretless four but damn that thing was sweet.

3. I've played both a fretless MIM J and a fretless Foundation 2000.. I thought the MIM J was ok.. but the Foundation was quite good.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Have I got a fretless for you ...

5. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Hmmm...what did you have in mind?....;)

6. furtim