New from Fairfield Circuitry!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rolling Thunder, Jul 28, 2020.

1. LSMFT6, CatOnTheBass, emjazz and 2 others like this.
  2. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I'm just glad he added "Soft clip zener zesty mordant" to the eq. Would not have been the same without that feature.

BrentSimons likes this.
  3. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

Nov 5, 2010
    Interesting - way more then just an EQ. Would be fun for someone doing modular synthesis with pedals.

4. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I wish I wanted one of these.

tommyeadg and Redshift Crilly like this.
  5. WOW! I love my Fairfield pedals. These look... crazy. In a good way. :)

6. Yeah, when I read that I cocked my head like when my dog hears another dog on TV.

7. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    That means something?

8. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    The feedback loop (a “looper” is a phrase sampler, a “loop” is an FX/feedback loop) looks interesting but I wish there was an expression input.

9. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    so ive had the long life for a little while now. i was looking for a parametric mid control that i could stomp on and off to get a different voice mid song. i have so many pedals with a semi parametric mid control, but i felt that i needed control over the Q also. this pedal delivers in spades. its a super flexible parametric eq. its a tilt eq. combine the tilt and the parametric and you can get resonant low pass, resonant high pass and band pass filters. this is what i was hoping for, since i am unable to get the broughton RFE. it delivers in spades in this dept although only one band at a time unlike the broughton which has 3, but i only need one at a time anyway. i suspect its like the onboard alembic tone controls or a one band superfilter, although i have no experience. they mention the soft clipping diode... i run mine clean, and its easy to run it totally clean, but the soft clipping on this is very nice too. just crank the gain and you can get some nice edge of breakup clipping. probably full on distortion too, but i havent tried that yet. i'm actually suprised this hasnt caught more attention from bass players being that the soft clipping / overdrive threads are always so popular... if you wanted to use this as a soft clipper i imagine it would be wonderful to be able to adjust the voice of it pretty much any way you want with the eq. you could probably emulate any pedal or amp you want. i have run it on the edge of breakup into my tube amp and i have to say its as nice or even nicer than any overdrive i have, and i'm comparing it to the barbershop, pork loin, micro red dragon, xotic rc bass booster, tone hammer pedal and sansamp para and sansamp vt. i would even use this as an outboard eq for recording either during tracking or mixing.

ookla the mok, DannDubblewe and cnltb like this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021