1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New from Nashville

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Rbryant, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Rbryant

Rbryant

Jan 14, 2012
    I'm new to the forum and new to playing bass. Start taking lessons recently. Thought if I joined the forum, maybe I could pick up on some tips and get advice as I go.

2. Welcome! Congratulations on taking the steps to become a bassist. Being in Nashville I'm sure you will become quite skilled if you keep at it and learn well. I have not had the benefit of well guided instruction and I feel that it likely shows in my playing but I am working on that a little more everyday. Unfortunately I pretty much rely on web based lessons, not a bad thing, as I haven't yet found a reputable instructor to take me in the direction I want to go.

You can always lo to your peers on talkbass for assistance and advice, as well as nice lengthy discussion and opinions at that. Welcome to the low end and welcome to the forums!