Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New funky bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Galacticfan60, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Galacticfan60

Galacticfan60

Nov 23, 2002
    I'm looking to get a new bass. I am a funky player and am looking for a good bass to slap on. A bass in the price range of 300-700.

2. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    can you offer a little more info?
    do you currently have a bass?
    what basses have you played? and what did you like and/or dislike about them?
    how long have you played for?

i like my bass because i like to slap & pop, play with my fingers and play with a pick.. i play funk, punk, metal, pop, rock, grindcore, jazz, etc.. i find that my bass is good for playing all styles..

do you only want this bass for slappin? maybe a MIM fender jazz?

the more info you provide = the better we can help you.

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

How about a used MusicMan?

Rob

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    With that amount of money I would say mim jazz w/j retro or used mia jazz.:D or mim dlx jazz which is also an excellent bass.

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    an MIM Fender jazz or a used MIA fender Jazz bass will give you some wonderful slap tones.. a used stingray would be great also

6. I just bought a used MIA Jazz, and it slaps great. I paid $695 for it, and after a bit of neck adjusting, it's flawless.

7. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    The MIM Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass (with American made preamp and noiseless pups – both designed by John Suhr) is by far the best value for money. The body of the new ones is now alder rather than poplar too.