1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New funky bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Galacticfan60, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Galacticfan60

Galacticfan60

Nov 23, 2002
    I'm looking to get a new bass. I am a funky player and am looking for a good bass to slap on. A bass in the price range of 300-700.

2. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    can you offer a little more info?
    do you currently have a bass?
    what basses have you played? and what did you like and/or dislike about them?
    how long have you played for?

i like my bass because i like to slap & pop, play with my fingers and play with a pick.. i play funk, punk, metal, pop, rock, grindcore, jazz, etc.. i find that my bass is good for playing all styles..

do you only want this bass for slappin? maybe a MIM fender jazz?

the more info you provide = the better we can help you.

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

How about a used MusicMan?

Rob

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    With that amount of money I would say mim jazz w/j retro or used mia jazz.:D or mim dlx jazz which is also an excellent bass.

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    an MIM Fender jazz or a used MIA fender Jazz bass will give you some wonderful slap tones.. a used stingray would be great also

6. I just bought a used MIA Jazz, and it slaps great. I paid $695 for it, and after a bit of neck adjusting, it's flawless.

7. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    The MIM Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass (with American made preamp and noiseless pups – both designed by John Suhr) is by far the best value for money. The body of the new ones is now alder rather than poplar too.