Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Furniture AKA my New Warmoth

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gallient Knight, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Ok so it might be able to double as a coffe table, and its made out of wood from a great coffe tree.

Warmoth Gecko 5

Basslines MM and Jazz pickups in custom positions

Hipshot Bridge

Brass nut

Custom Tuner placements

Here's a link to pictures, you can click on any of the small pics and they will enlarge.

My Warmoth

Many thanks to Brian (Mister Gecko) and the rest of Warmoth for helping me get the idea of the bass and its tone into such a beautiful instrument.

Brian if you are reading this a CD with pictures will be on its way to you monday

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No go on the pics! And I wanna see these custom positions and custom tuner layout!

3. oh man...i need pictures

and how does it sound?

4. Help Now even I can see my pictures. Well I can still look at the bass.

Let me try one in an attachment

5. last one. Maybe the web site will be back up tonight

6. Very nice!

Did you put it together?

Jeff

7. I did all of the assembly. Had Warmoth do the drilling and routing, Did the nut myself too, but I think I might need to do somemore work on that.

Tone can be described as

Dark -- Koa is similar to Mahogahny

Just enough growl for my taste,

A Little "zinngy" in the strings, It currently has stainless strings on it, will probably go with nickel next week,

the MM sounds close to the original sound its moved about 3/4 of an inch closer to the bridge then the stock position.

The Jazz is also relocated to almost the exact placement of a P bass pickup, that in combination with the humbucking qualities of the pickup give it a great P tone. Will proably add a coil tap to get a good single coil sound.

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Gaah! The tuning keys! We have to see the custom tuning key placements!

But that's a killer looking bass. All I ever see from Warmoth is top-notch stuff.

9. Here is the tuners. Holes are in the normal places, but the keys are moved around

10. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    I love the inlay, *major "I WANT THAT" syndrome*

But the tuning head arangement would get on my boobies after a while....

But great bass man!

:rolleyes:

11. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Yeah I love the bass.. not sure about the headstock and tuning peg lay out. but if it works for you.. thats all that matters

12. Yeah that tuning key arrangement looks sort of precarious - I tend to knock into things with my headstocks sometimes. I can just see me slashing off that end key on someones forehead :eek:

Love that body and it looks like you did some nice work on the nut. Yep, even the small details are important in an instrument like this.

13. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    NICE BASS!!! :):):)

That one tuning key seems it might be hard to reach, eh?

14. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Welcome to the Gecko club!!!!! The bass looks GREAT!!!!!!

15. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I've seen plenty of Warmoths, but that one takes the cake! Beautiful!!!!!

16. Nino, yours was most of the reason I pursued the concept. I am honored to be a member.