Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Fury QT IV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by christle, Jan 4, 2004.

1. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Local dealer was having a blowout sale today and I picked up a Fury QT IV in transparent red. Got say I love this bass.

Review:

Construction - put together well. Everything fits like it should and the neck is seated firmly at the joint. Fretwork is excellent, you can't feel them when playing. Body is basswood and the neck is the standard rosewood board on maple. No marrs or blemishes. I should also mention it has a dual purpose bridge - string-thru body or through the bridge. I am really starting to like string-thru body basses. Best part for me is that it is very light compared to my Fender. The shoulder will thank me for this.

Tone - great tone for a mid-level bass. Has similiar electronics to the Cirrus making it quite versatile. With the active pre-amp I can get everything from old-school to modern. Definitely a warm sounding bass. Biggest knock I can give it is that the pre-amp controls don't have center detents. Pickups are Peavey VLF's. This is my first experience with this type of pickup and so far I like them. Next improvement will be to put on some D'Addario strings. The Peavey strings are somewhat dull.

Playability - neck is not quite a Jazz and definitely not a precision. Very close to my Godin Freeway. You can really move on this neck and everything feels comfortable to me.

Any one need a Precision? Like new.
    It is a very nice player.
    [​IMG]

2. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Bump - added review. Questions invited (I want to bragg anyway :))

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i tried a Fury IV and a Fury V.

Both great sounding basses. great electronics. i love them.

4. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Thanks. I have been playing it all day. Will take it to practice on Friday and see what the boys say. Should be fun.