New Fuzzrocious Pedal NAMM 2017

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Seanbassplayer, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Seanbassplayer

Seanbassplayer

Oct 14, 2016
    image.png
    Just saw this on FB

Ryan over at Fuzzrocious Pedals wanted to develop an EQ/preamp that wasn't as intimidating as their Feed Me (which has 20, 000+ different settings). The Baxstabber has treble, bass, and volume controls along with two 12-position rotary switches. That means there are 144 tone stacks to play with. We heard it on bass and the low end was nasty - but in the best possible way. And combine it with their Blast Furnace for over-the-top gazed fuzz delights. #NAMM

2. MGR

MGR Inactive

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    Nice. I was one of those "intimidated" Feed Me owners. I have nothing but good things to say about the pedals sound and musical applications, but in my original review of it here I had thought it would be a very niche pedal because there really was/is not an institutional understanding by musicians of what capacitors and resistors do. In real life this translated to me mindlessly turning the rotary dials with zero idea of what I was doing. I got kinda tired and sold it off. This Baxstabber seems like a good compromise. I can understand treble, bass and volume and with only two rotaries to turn, it makes things much easier. Feed Me is one of those pedals that, IMO, is way ahead of its time and much more suited to production work in a studio than a live effect. Plus I thought the bypass was too close to the rotaries, which ergonomically did not work for me live because I was afraid to break the dials. This Baxstabber design solved that problem too.

3. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    All about there blast furnace for me!!

rratajski likes this.