New G and L 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BlackburstJBP, Oct 27, 2005.

1. I wondered if any of you guys like the new G L 5 string ? I,m going to try one tomorrow.
  2. Look at my thread if you are interested in sound!
    I hope it will be helpful!
  3. I hear those tracks.Awsome! I,m going to try one tomorrow,will keep you posted
  4. Did they come out with a new model? :confused:

If you mean the L2500, its been out for a while...
  5. Indeed...
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Good bass, but I'm a four string man. I'd take an L2000 over it. :)
  7. Well I went ahead and baught it today.Its a truibute 5 string.My wallet couldnt afford the other this close to Xmas.Its the first 5 string I ever owned.So I think its a good starter.It playes easy.Do you guys like these?
  8. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Nothing wrong with having a Tribute I have one as well. And it kicks A$$.

"Do you guys like these"

Hell yeah!!!

I hope others will chime in here.
  9. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Well how do you like it....any pics?
  10. Sorry no pics at this time.Its the tribute STANDARD BLACK and has the rosewood fretboard.I like the feel of it much better than the Mexican made fender jazz.The strings seemed too close together and the neck seemed too thick.I am used to the thin neck of my american made fender Jazz 4 string I got new in 95.Its a fantastic bass not a scratch on it.Its colored blackburst.Its black in the center an fades to a silver gray.( Like my hair)! I am working on the 5 string and trying to get used to the string spacing,but still need time.I like the playability of it dont have to squeeze super hard.I am not real fond of the twangy strings.I am considering some type of flatwound.Nothing wrong with starting with the economy model.You can always trade in on something else .Especially since you dont have to sacrifice sound and playability.Hey the look cool too!!! ;)
  11. After searching the G an L site the only difference between the Tribute Standard and the Tribute Premium is the body wood and finish.The standard uses basswood the premium uses swampash.The Premium comes in a nice choise of colors too.The standard is black.Everything else is the same though.Costs another 100 bux or so for the premium.
  12. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    I use SIT Silencers on mine. Once you mess around with the knobs and switches for a while you'll find the sound you like...I like playing mine in Passive most of the time that takes a lot of the Twang out. The string spacing is one of the things I like about the L-2500. I don't have the biggest hands..I'm not in a band, but when I play along with a CD(the kind where you can play one channel without bass) is when I really like it. It cuts threw and sounds better to me then just playing alone.