1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New G&L Convert!

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Trevorus, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    GL2500FullWeb.

GL2500Body2Web.

GL2500BodyWeb-1.

Man, this thing is so great!

2. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Black Beauties have turned my G&L L-2500 into a HAMMER OF GOD!......Thats a good thing, by the way. Now sell me that neck!

Karl

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, you want my maple, don't you. No way I'm parting with that. I have 3 rosewood basses and this one. I traded my maple necked P-bass for this, and I like how it turned out!

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Yeah, I'm sticking with G&L's from here on out. The only thing I need now is..... More G&L basses. I currently only have one.:crying:
    cb062406.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    You still have that Ibanez we traded? The spector is still awesome!

I dunno, man, if I had 2 G&L's, I'd have a hard time piking which one to play!

6. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Now for the secret handshake...:p

Do not be afraid to use the tone controls to cut. There are some fabulous tones in there just via the knobs.

Someplace in here was a thread on tone settings. We don't have sticky threads so it is waaaay down someplace.

Give you the latest from Dr Jim's sonic lab, both pickups, series, treble all the way up or to taste, and bass all the way down.

Whatcho got? A pretty damn good Geddy Lee Wal era sound. :bassist: :hyper:

Jim

7. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Very nice, welcome to the dark side :) I love how the black strings look on that bass too.

8. LeftyJack

LeftyJack

Feb 23, 2006
    San Carlos, CA
    I'm sorry to say that there is no going back...it's hopless.
    Congrats on a beauty. If I hadn't just put some TI flats on I might be tempted to try those black beauties. Nice. :D

10. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    What does the L-2500 cost new?

Also, on their website, it doesn't seem to list the weight. How heavy is it?

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have to clear something up. Those actually aren't Black Beauties. The local store is always out of them, because they have the best prices on strings anywhere around here. THOSE are LaBella tapewounds. They sound big an mellow. What I have on there are D'Addario XL's. They are my favorite string, and every bass I have has those on it.

12. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Not to go OT here, but how would you compare those strings to Labella Flatwounds (or flatwounds in general)? They'd look hot on my black SB-2, but I would want to retain a similar tone.

13. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx

L2000's go for around $1200 so I would guess maybe $100 more? The weight is managable because they now build them with an Ash top on a basswood back to reduce weight.

14. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    How many batteries power the active EQ?

I'm torn between a Bongo and G&L fretless.

15. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    the EQ is passive, so none
    I guess one will do for the preamp

0 + 1 = 1

16. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Trevorus, You and I have never traded basses. I sold my Spector Rebop to someone in Texas and used the money to buy my G&L L1505. I wouldn't mind having an L2500 to go with my L1505.

17. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Keep in mind there are 2 different models, the USA L2500 which start at about $1200 new and then there is the Korean Tribute L2500 that costs about $600.

18. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Haha. Mistaken identity. That's kind of funny.

Well, man, go for the 2500. I love it.

19. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    My goodness. That´s simply beautiful.
    It´s probably one the nicest G&L I´ve ever seen.

I bet it sounds massive. Congrats !!

20. You are about to become or already are, soooooo addicted. I love my L-2000 Tribute.:D :bassist: :D