New G&L L-2500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by surge, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Finally got my new G&L on Friday after placing my order mid August 05, needless to say I spent the weekend playing it and getting acquainted, and I'm in love!

This thing has some fat tones going on, absolutely brilliant for meaty slap stuff and sounds great with fingers too.

Anyway, here she is:
    (Tobacco Burst on figured maple with GOT neck)

Apologies for the poor quality pics, they were taken under some harsh lights at work on Friday afternoon...
  2. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    That is really nice!!!!!!!!!
    I know nothing about G&L basses except I love their looks, would like to try one, guitar center opens here this month, may be my chance.

once again , congrats! I'm jealous!
  3. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    That has to be the best G&L I have ever seen! congrats on such a beauty of a bass:D
  4. Cheers guys, she's definately a fox!
  5. main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Oh man, that hurts! I had one just like that, that I sold for a song. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!........:crying:
  6. Herman

Dec 25, 2005
    Lynchburg, VA
  7. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Awesome! Sweet bass, man. What's a GOT Neck, though? forgive my ignorance of abbreviations....
  8. Gun Oil Tint :)
  9. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    The GOT has a nice vintage look to it. I've only seen pictures of GOT necks, never actually tried one. Does it have a slick oil finished feel to it? In the pictures it looks like a heavy lacquer-like finish like that on a vintage guitar/bass. I love the look, but hate the sticky feel of a vintage neck. What's the deal with G&L's GOTs?¬ómodern slick or vintage stick?

10. stars

Feb 11, 2006
    whoa !

surge are you a pitter ? pictures look familiar
  11. It is a thick laquered finish, cant say I personally find it to be sticky though. My 5stg fretless is heavily laquered too and I dont have any issues there, of course that could just be me! I am sure its probably not as slick as a satin neck but I havent tried one to compare.

Sure am! :hyper:
    Had to spread the love around though...
  12. ahhh lucky!!

i want a L-2000 so bad :crying:
  13. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
  14. eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I passed some gas after the one I tried. Not cuz it didn't sound great cuz it did but I didn't care for the little step in the pickups. My thumb wanted to slip off. Of course, without being familiar with the switch/knob layout, it confusing as to what it all does. They're still an awesome bass however.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats , very nice top ! Is the back of the bass bursted as the top is ?
  16. Not actually sure mate... sorry.

Na, the back is solid black, I actually only very recently discovered they do burst backs!
  17. Beautiful bass, but I already told you that on that 'other' forum! ;-)
  18. stars

Feb 11, 2006
    Beautiful Beautiful ..

haha give me a burst any day over a solid colour or a metallic flake