New G&L L2500's at MF. Why so cheap?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LoJoe, Jan 29, 2003.

1. LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    I've been toying with the idea of a G&L L2500 lately. I've seen them on Ebay selling used from 800 on up, and around 1000-1200 for new ones. Musicians Friend has one model here that rings in at 1499.99:

G&L L2500 for 1499.00

But they also have one called a "Premium" on sale for 599.00. Is this also a real L-2500? What gives with this low price?:

G&L Premium L2500 for 599.00
  2. Premium is the new G&L import bass. I have not tried one. SUpposedly great bang for the buck.
  3. LoJo,
    It appears. the low price is due to that Bass being made in Korea.
    It's the new "Tribute" series that was discussed in posts last week. Check the Archives for more info.
    It looks like it has a premium top. I wonder how the B is?
    Not likely to try one here in Hawaii due to the only Dealer here dropping the line.
    G&L's are great Guitars and Basses but just never caught on here in the Islands. Re-Sale is also very low, Too bad!
  4. LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Thanks guys, I should have poked around and seen if there had been some chatter on it. I just thought that maybe it was a typo and was going to quickly place an order for all of them and refresh my Ebay user id. :D Think I'll pass on these though since they have no real good or bad reputation to speak of yet.