1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NEW G&L Rocks!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BackonBass13, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Played my new M2500 Tribute at band practice tonite. It seriously GROWLED.:bassist:

2. 1954bassman

1954bassman

Jun 7, 2004
    Hickory, NC
    Of course it did!

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Those things are wicked congrats.

4. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    This is interesting news! I have an L2500 trib and two USA L2500 basses and I was very much concerned that the new M2500 would have the "authority" of those basses seriously toned down. Glad to hear it wasn't!

5. mystic38

mystic38

Dec 4, 2012
    Mystic CT
    Yeah.. know what you mean !!...the first time i played my SB-2 at a jam session everyone went gaga and i had to switch with the guitarist for a few songs!..

enjoy

6. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    Hey bass benj , just wondering how does that L2500 Tribute compare to the American ones?
    Thanks HMZ

7. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I don't see any pics, do you suppose this bass actually exists?

8. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I did some research before I bought a L2500 Tribute on the differences between the US and Tribby. It seems the differences are more with the materials, fit and finish. The pickups and electronics are the same. I eventually want to look into a US model only because my Tribby is heavy (too heavy for me to comfortably gig 4+ hours at a time) however, it really is an awesome bass and if its your first G&L, I recommend getting a Tribute...unless you come across a killer deal on a US.

9. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    All y'all need to post pics come on now.

10. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    I have an American SB-1 that I bought used
    It's a 1993 and I love it. Would like to
    get a L2000 or L2500. Not sure if I want to
    go with a 5 string or not.

11. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    They compare pretty well. Fit and finish are better on the USA but not anything so nasty on the Tribby you'd notice. The USA basses are clearly "better" than the Tribby. I'm not sure exactly why. I'm thinking it must be the wood because nothing else is that different from one to the other although people have told me the metal in the bridge is different even though they look the same. The USA ones just have a certain, I don't know, "edge" to them the Tribby doesn't. It's a small effect but clearly there. But the Tribby is close enough to the USA basses that I use it when I don't want something worth so much money along. I'm sure nobody but me notices the tiny difference.

12. Thanks for all the responses guys. I really do love my new M2500. THe 3 band eq is powerful. I got the "honeyburst" so the swamp ash really shows through. I will post a picture, but I think I have to become a "supporting member" before my pics will fit.

13. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    In the past I was allowed just poor cellphone resolution pics: my fault not bein' a supportin' member as well!

Cheers,
    Wallace

Ps: enjoy and congrats my friend
    G&Ls are great

And it's the first time for me to know Mseries come in Tributes too!

14. mystic38

mystic38

Dec 4, 2012
    Mystic CT
    put your photos on an online server like picassa or similar then use the img button on the toolbar and insert the photo's url.. (right click on online view of pic, select properties, and copy/paste the url).

15. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Air Bass

16. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    I recently got a Trib M2500 in honeyburst too. You're right, it really growls.:bassist:

The neck is very nice too.

SNV31828_zps5569a0f2.

And my other G&L

bassses004.

I guess you could say that G&Ls really float my boat.