1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new g****r!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Feb 8, 2003.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    my girlfriend gave me this for my birthday/christmas present yesterday. it's an OLP MM4, in blue sparkle (and when they say sparkle, they MEAN IT!) i gave the fretboard some oiling, threw on some DR's, and set her up, and i must say i couldn't be more impressed with this 'cheap' guitar. frets are nice, wood looks good (especially the fretboard!) finish is flawless and quite sparkly, and the hardware seems pretty good too. i'm thinking - dimarzio pickups (my buddy gets them @ cost), locking tuners, graphite nut, solid steel bridge, full shielding, and adding a coil tap switch and a neck pickup on switch. it should rock hard. :D

[​IMG]

oh, pictured with it is my other guitar, a 1930~ slingerland songster. high action, tiny frets, and tone unlike any acoustic i've ever heard. it's just heavenly.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    :D

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Hey, you're a sparkly kind of guy. Nice lookin' geetar.

4. That looks really :cool: ! You'd better have fun with it (though not as much fun as with a bass, obviously...;) )

5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Beautiful!