Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new g****r!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Feb 8, 2003.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    my girlfriend gave me this for my birthday/christmas present yesterday. it's an OLP MM4, in blue sparkle (and when they say sparkle, they MEAN IT!) i gave the fretboard some oiling, threw on some DR's, and set her up, and i must say i couldn't be more impressed with this 'cheap' guitar. frets are nice, wood looks good (especially the fretboard!) finish is flawless and quite sparkly, and the hardware seems pretty good too. i'm thinking - dimarzio pickups (my buddy gets them @ cost), locking tuners, graphite nut, solid steel bridge, full shielding, and adding a coil tap switch and a neck pickup on switch. it should rock hard. :D

[​IMG]

oh, pictured with it is my other guitar, a 1930~ slingerland songster. high action, tiny frets, and tone unlike any acoustic i've ever heard. it's just heavenly.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    :D

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Hey, you're a sparkly kind of guy. Nice lookin' geetar.

4. That looks really :cool: ! You'd better have fun with it (though not as much fun as with a bass, obviously...;) )

5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Beautiful!