Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new Gallien Krueger cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jun 11, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    What can anyone tell me about the new Gallien Krueger SBX cabinets? I just now heard about them and I'm pretty curious.

~Patrick

2. It's the RBS cabinet with a tweeter added to it. We also managed to get the price down. The SBX is a 'sealed' design (not ported). They are 8 ohm cabinets. The 410 does 400 watts, the 210 and 115 do 200 watts. They have both speakon and phone jack connectors and yes you can use the tweeter biamp function in the GK heads.
    410 list price is 649
    115 list price is 549
    210 list price is 499

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Thanks. I may just consider them if I ever get my new head. Are there any plans to offer any new speaker configurations anytime down the road? Like maybe a 6x10, 8x10, 2x15, etc? If GK made a 6x10, I'd kiss my Goliath Sr goodbye in a heartbeat. Yup.

~Patrick

4. We've been discussing some new cabinet ideas. Should have something to show by winter namm.

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I shall await the winter with anxiety.

~Patrick

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Hey Dan, is the 2x10 RBH cab still being made? I am planning on using the 1001RBII and allready have the 1x15 RBH cab.

7. Yes, however GC will not be carrying them anymore. Check with independent dealers or buy online. I love the RBH cabinets, but they are a bit pricey.

8. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    If GK did make a 6x10, any prediction as to what the specs would be? Like how much would it handle? Price?

~Patrick

9. It would probably be a 600 watt 4 ohm cabinet.

10. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I have the 1001RBH210 combo. Its practically brand new. I like the head, but usually just use my 15, bypassing the 10s. If you are interested in the combo minus the head, maybe we can work something out. I have a cover for it as well.
    Wes

11. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I have the 1001RB with a 410RBH and a 115RBH.

I keep hearing about new gear from G-K. Are they ever going to update their website?

I'm really hoping for something like their RBH cabs but with 12" or 18" speakers. Anything like that in the works?

Is Trip still around? I haven't seen him posting in ages.

Thanks,
    :bassist:

12. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Trip is around. He's right here! I'm not with GK anymore. Haven't been since March. I play Glockenklang amps these days.
    I did play the SBX cabs at Bass Bash at winter NAMM and I can tell you that they were really great! I liked them a bit better than the RBH cabs. I played the RBH 210s for 5 years. They were the most reliable cabs I have ever used. I was pleased as punch with them. However, I have moved on and I am more than pleased with what I have now. You do owe it to yourself to audition some SBXs when they hit. I think everyone will be suprised as well.
    Glock is working on some American made cabs as well. They will be quite unreal and have a much better price. Look for those at Winter NAMM. Heck, with all that's going on right now with SWRender and some innovations that some other companies are coming up with, this Winter NAMM could be a banner year for us bass players.:D

13. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    GK 610!!

whoa! that sounds interesting!

Dan you guys would be using the SBX speakers for that eh?

14. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'll be straight forward. A GK 6x10 would be an astounding innovation, but 600 watts, to me, isn't very appealing. I'd need something that would allow more. Such as the SWR Goliath Sr and Ampeg 610-HLF. Couldn't you use the same 10" speakers that are in the RBH cabinets? That would give a considerable amount of handling that I would need. And of course a horn would be necessary. Good call on the 4 ohms though.

~Patrick

15. Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I agree. Build a flagship 6x10, and either use the 200 watt 10 from the RBH, or something better! As it stands, I don't have the ability to run 6 GK 10s with my RBH 1001(mixed ohm loads prehibit it).

16. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    maybe not 3 210's but...

have a 410 RBH as the bottom and use a 210 RBH as the top.

I'd probobly go and find some way to biamp the top and lower cab. 410 being on the bottom of course.

17. Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Try thast combination without biamping though. I already have the 1001.
    Wes

18. The 800RB would do that for you.