Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    See how many TB'er can figure out who these quotes are about. These were all pulled from various ebay auctions, the first ones are from the builders descriptions, the lowere are some used sellers comments. I found this quite humorous. PS., if you don't immediately figure this out, you don't spend a lot of time on TB :D

Builders descriptions snagged from various auctions:

"The neck is made of nice Domestic Cherry, with Purpleheart and Locust stringers for maximum stiffness,without the hassle of a truss rod. My necks are so strong that you cannot pull them out of tune with your left hand."

"It's passive and very simple, but well gounded and pretty quiet...I try to make my basses to bring out the sound of the strings and the players hands rather than tricktronics... your nervous system is the real musical instrument, the bass is just a transducer or interface....

"There is a neck rod. So all you people who wanted a **** bass with a neck rod, here it is."

"A pretty nice bass.matter of fact it's a real nice bass,at a great price. There are side dots and strap buttons included."

Used, private seller descriptions:

"While it's no Monteleone or Calace when it comes to refinement, this beast has a big sound that's especially great for folk music, especially in drone-friendly traditions such as Celtic."

"Fingerboard leveled and refretted and bridge lightened so it plays and sounds much better than in its original state."

"its got 24 frets which is very rare for a **** bass as most of his basses are fretless.
    this was a special custom order.
    it also has a truss rod which is another special option!!!!!!
    the combination of the frets & the truss rods make it a real one of a kind!!!!!!"

2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I can't seem to figure it out, but I wish I could.
  3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I'll give you a starts with an "F", and ands with "odera"*

I kid, I kid!
  4. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I wish you would make it harder :D
  5. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I had considered Fodera, but there are AJ models with no side dots or strap buttons, so the process of elimination excludes Vinnie and Joey:)
  6. [wayne's world voice]
    that's what she said.
    [/wayne's world voice]

i'm sorry; but it was TOO perfectly set up.