1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Gear Day!! (avatar content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CoffeeBass, Feb 19, 2008.

1. HAHAHAHAHA!!

I have been researching a new rig for over a month and finally decided on what to get and started buying it a piece at a time. I got my BBE Bmax and Carvin power amp at the same time but had to wait for the tax return to get the cabs.

They got here today (ahead of the ETA) and they sound great!:bassist:

I love the 2x12 any way it comes but the 2x10 has a strange sound to it by itself. It could just be that my bass needs a tune up and that I am used to a 15" speaker. You can believe that I will be doing plenty of research in the near future. Together they are AWESOME! I hooked everything up outside to try it out and only got about 2 minutes into it and the neighbors (grandparents) came out and put an end to that. I am going to haulit all over to my buddy's house and let her rip later this week.

I also just scored the black squier for $30!:eek: The thing is brand new and just needs some neck tweaking. It's like christmas only you don't have to give anyone else anything!!

A more complete review to follow. Thanks TB for all the advice and info that you all have contributed over the years that kept me from having to go into this blind (this is my first real rig), you guys are awesome!

CB

Attached Files:

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    great setup man, i have the 4x10 and it owns all!

have fun with the new rig man

3. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Congrats my man. I need me one of those 2x12s

4. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Nice setup man, I run a bmax-t/power amp setup and plan on adding an avatar 2x10 to my two 1x12s.

5. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Congrats on the killer rig man. Slap that gear in a nice rack and you'll be set...

6. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Congrats, nice rig! I love threads like these, they show how valuable TB is.:)