New Gear !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The modifier, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Well I got bot of these for $150, tthe peavey 70 watt is awesome its up to par with my acoustic b200:hyper:, ive got lots of questions about this bass though, its great the action as nice and low and its 100% buzz free and the tone is 100% p-bass, a few things baffle me though, it has a compartment at the back for a battery and a small button on the pick guard, also it seems to be truss rod less, which is bad news since I planned on tuning it BEAD :atoz:, any input would be greatly appreciated, also can anybody ID the strings they get a real boomy bottom end they have red silks and gold ball ends, thanks in advanced :help:

f_SDC11515m_168d6f9.png

f_SDC11518m_4c862cb.png

f_SDC11519m_4985bbd.png

f_SDC11520m_a1c2b22.png

f_SDC11521m_2768dba.png

f_SDC11522m_11b8081.png

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Nice snag! How did you pull it off?

But on the Dano, people like that model. One guy, cant remember who, swears by them. Gigs 2 regularly.

3. You might find that BEAD has less tension than EADG.

4. Craigslist, the guy had an Idea of what they were worth but he just didnt play bass and had no need for them.

5. Thats why I would have to loosen the truss rod which I cant find, or do I :confused:???

6. So anyone have any idea if the dano IS truss rod less ?????

7. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    It definitely looks trussrod-less. Maybe its hidden in the neck pocket, but I highly doubt it.

Im not sure though. :(

8. Oh well, I guess ill just have to live with it then, any idea to what brand of strings are on it, they kind of feel like fenders to me.

9. Best way to find out is to loosen the neck bolts and see if there is an adjustment screw at the base of the neck. It's pretty rare these days to find a bass without a trussrod (Wishbass excepted).

Rick B.

10. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Nice deal!

G

11. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    the bass is a Danelectro Rumor bass (from the DanoBlaster series) The battery in the back is for the built in chorus. (thats right, the bass has a built in chorus effect) its turned on by the button on the pickguard. One of the outputs is for using the chorus feature, the other is for playing it in passive mode.

The neck has a truss rod, but like all Danos, you have to remove it from the body to adjust it. The access is at the heel.

12. Thanks for the info, really appreciate it:)

13. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Those strings be GHS Boomers to my eyes, silk at nut in that dull dark red shade, none at the bridge, brass ballends. Real boomy bottom is kinda how they sound IME too.

14. Thanks, ill have to buy a set and see.

15. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Just saw one of those basic 112 sell for $150 alone! Great deal.

16. Yeah the bass is performing real well, the built in chorus is awesome and im not even a fan of effects, I ended up not tuning BEAD and this bass is really pulling me away from my 5 string these days, im starting to fall back in love with good old standard EADG:)

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021