1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New genres!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Well I have noticed that their seems to be an ever expanding range of genres so i'd thought I make one of my own!

Geezer rock- (Rolling stones, The who)

do you have any new genres that you made up?

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    ProgMetalFusionCore

I just throw in the Core to be hip, but honestly, I ProgMetalFusion is a genre I made up. Kinda like Liquid Tension Experiment, Gordian Knot, and my current band. :smug:

3. Polyethnic Cajun Slamgrass.... I stole it... I can't remember where it came from though (Leftover Salmon maybe?)

4. :meh: seems like the "core" is becoming a common thing lately. Why?

5. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    Glen Cove, NY
    power-boyband-supergroup-retadcore ensemble.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    It's people who think that their music has something to do with the genre Hardcore. See:

Emocore - a mixture of emo and hardcore eg:poison the well
    Screamcore - a mixture of screamo and hardcore eg: glassjaw
    Metalcore - a mixture of metal and hardcore eg:Azriel
    Grindcore - a mixture of grind and hardcreo eg: I dont know

See the pattern?

7. no, please make it a little more clear.

[/sarcasm]

8. Thursday

Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
  9. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    My favorite new catagory? Stuff That Sucks!

10. how about corecore?

11. I didn't make it up, but power-violence is one of my fave genre's at the moment.

Power-violence and twee pop.

12. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Jazz
    Classical
    Everything Else

13. Grindcore- Napalm Death practically invented the genre with their album "Scum", how could you forget them?
    The rest of the "core" genres seem kinda like lame excuses for emoish bands to play something that's not just straight up emo music so people won't make fun of them. But that's just how I've seen it, I could be wrong. Genre hopping seems like the new cool thing these days. Personally, it's a load of garbage to me, because genres are really just groups of bands with somewhat similar sounds that record executives shove together in order to market them better and so that people kind of know what they're getting when they listen to them. Crossing emo music with hardcore really isn't that astounding, considering emo music is somewhat of a derivative of hardcore.
    -Alex

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I try to "unclassify" everything... makes listening with an open mind easier if it doesn't have a title.

I tend to just listen to music.

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    :D :D

I like the one my dad invented years ago:

"What the hell is this crap?!"

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    LOL I listen to a lot of that myself :D

17. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Well if "core" indicates that it has something to do with hardcore, then screw that!

ProgMetalFusion 4TW!

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    No need to be so aggressive. I'm only trying to help someone instead of whinging about how oppressed I am by my mother. Maybe you could try that one day and then you might end up with some respect? :rolleyes:

19. NamelessOne

NamelessOne

Mar 9, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    Mennograss- bluegrass, but always in four-part harmony, and the members all have to be related. actually quite good, though i'm more of a thrash/metal type.

what i want to hear is Mennometal... gotta start a band now...

it never ceases to amuse me that my music software has a seperate genre for primus...

20. Agreed... and...

Owned.