1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Genz Benz cab owner!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MascisMan, Mar 25, 2006.

1. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Got a new GB Neo 210 today. Traded in my Ampeg SVT-410HLF.

Cannot believe how this 2x10 performs next to the old Ampeg. Much more neutral sounding to me (good or bad depending on the person) and more articulate. The Ampeg was definitely "woofier" and boomy. I have the GB paired to a Mesa M-Pulse 600. Great combo.

Also cannot believe the weight savings (about 60 lbs). It is much nicer to load in and out of the truck than 'the beast'. I can actually carry all of my stuff up stairs now without help. I know my friends and bandmates appreciate that!

Have a show tonight to really put it through its courses..we shall see

2. Flipper

Flipper sale: Sadowsky NYC PJ5

Jan 11, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    You sure about that 60lbs.? My 2x12 NEOX weighs in at 62lbs.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Cool. I have been considering Genz Benz as a replacement for my Ampeg rig (SVT4 Pro/SVT410HLF). I am seriously thinking about the GBE1200 into the 610 XB2 cabinet (size/weight isn't much of an issue to me).

It is time for something new, and this Genz stuff really has my interest.

4. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Whoops I meant 50 lbs

5. Flipper

Jan 11, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    I don't think I've read a thing about the 6x10 yet. An interesting cab to be sure....I wonder what a 6x10 Neo would weigh. Do yourself a favor and A/B that against the 2x12 before you buy.

6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    You can't go wrong with genz benz stuff. Top notch equipment with top notch customer service.

7. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Congrats on your purchase. I bought the NEOX-112T combo this weekend and couldn't be more pleased.

8. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    With two NeoX212 I think you can conservatively expect around 130 dB "program" at one meter when driving them with as much power as they'll deal with gracefully. That's more than enough for almost any stage until you hit the big league ; }

9. Flipper

Jan 11, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    You know, one of these cabs is enough...I'm just greedy.

10. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx

They actually had the 2x10 and 2x12 side by side and I tried them both. I preferred the slightly more articulate tone of the 10's to the more filling tone of the 12's. Just my cup of tea, both sounded great though.

11. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Ive played a few more shows since the purchase of the cab and I still love it. I let a friend use it as well that was opening up for us and it gets a great tone with a J-bass through the M-Pulse 600 as well. Now its got me looking around for a J-bass. The cycle never ends I tell ya. :crying: :bassist: :D

12. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I own a GBE1200 and 610T-XB2. It's a awesome R&R rig.

TD

13. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I just upgraded to the GBE 600 from a Series 2 and am very happy with it. I'm interested in the 610 cab as well.

14. :cool: My main rig consists of a Genz-Benz GBE-600 teamed with a Genz-Benz NEOX 2x12 and a NEOX 2x10. I've run the 2x12 solo a number of times, but not the 2x10. I've never found a 2x10 that I liked solo. Maybe I ought to try this one and see. As for the 2x12 solo, or the two cabs together, I love the sound. It'll fill most any place I've played. And it even works well outdoors.

I traded in an Ampeg SVT-410HLF for the 2x12, and I've never looked back. Better sound, half the weight, and more compact. I traded in Ampeg B-100R and a GB LS-115B on the 2x10. I liked the B-100R but I found that I hadn't used it in over 18 months. I also had quit using the LS cab since the 2x12 came on the scene. So, I figured I'd be happier with the 210. I am.

Genz-Benz stuff is outstanding and when, or if, I buy another head or cab, it'll probably be Genz-Benz.

15. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Hey Sammy I too traded in my Ampeg 410HLF for my GB 2x10. I cant believe the weight difference. Almost worth the price right there let alone the great tones.

16. MiniMic

MiniMic

Sep 29, 2001
    Syracuse NY
    Wow, I am really surprised by all you guys talking about the Genz Benz Neo 2x12 cabs. I got one last summer. The first gig I played with it was an outside gig in Utica NY.
    I put an Aguilar AG-500sc head on top of it and that cab just sang and the sound guy said "Turn it down":p
    I'd really like to know how many more people really like this cab.

I really think I want a second Neo 212x I don't know why I just do

17. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I pair my GBE600 up with an LS210T.

It smokes.

18. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    I picked up a GBE600 last month and took delivery of a NeoX 212T on Monday.

Holy Crap ! - what a combo.

This is replacing an Ampeg B2 head and SVT 210 and 115 cabinets.
    The Ampegs have served me well, but the B2 is too quiet and the NeoX 212T will handle 1/3 more wattage than the SVT cabinets and weigh as much as one of them. Plus, I had been feeling confined by the "Ampeg Tone" and believe the new combo can match it if I want it, and produce a whole new spectrum of tone.

We have a gig next weekend so I have some practice time and 1 rehearsal before then to really get the feel for the new rig.

Already own a GB12T cabinet that I had been using on occasion also, generally under a SWR WM10. It adds a nice full sound.

A lot of thought and research went into my decision to get the GBE600 and NeoX 212T combination. It sounds great at all volumes (can get REALLY loud if needed), is compact and easy to move around, and is backed by GB support and service which is top notch. I have owned Ampeg, Peavey, SWR, Fender, and Yorkville over the past 25 years. It would take an extreme case of GAS like I have never had before to part with the Genz gear.

19. I had a 4x10.Has anyone ever seen these things Flash in the dark?I mean My 4x10 would light up when I would push it.I could never figure that out.I will say it was a solid cab.

20. Change your sig to show it Mascisman!
    I've never played a GB cab or amp, but you guys are making me want to!