1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Genz cabinets!!!! Ceramic and light. Plus new Combos and pictures of the Shuttles

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Musicman20, Jan 10, 2012.

1. FOCUS LT SERIES

Compact, Lightweight, Classic Bass Cabinet Configurations

Designed to Deliver Demanding Performance with Tight, Focused
    Bass Response

Excellent Opportunities to Mix and Match with SHUTTLE® Heads

Genz Benz Quality and Features at Outstanding Mainstream Price Points

An evolution in cabinet design blending progressive, lightweight cabinet construction with ceramic drivers optimized for today’s player.

Model# FCS-112T - 1x12” w/Tweeter 200 Watts / 8 ohms 32 LBS
    Model# FCS-210T - 2x10” w/Tweeter 300 Watts / 8 ohms 43 LBS
    Model# FCS-115T - 1x15” w/Tweeter 300 Watts / 8 ohms 46 LBS
    Model# FCS-410T - 4x10” w/Tweeter 600 Watts / 8 ohms 64 LBS

Pictures here:

Wall Photos | Facebook

CONTOUR 500 SERIES

Full-Featured, Lighter-weight Combos for the Club to Concert Stage

An Excellent Choice for Players Seeking a One Piece Bass Amp System

Power: 300 Watts @ 8 ohms; 500 Watts @ 4 ohms

Versatile Features Offer Dramatic Tone Shaping for a Variety of Playing Styles

CTR500-115T - 1x15” w/Tweeter 48 LBS
    CTR500-210T - 2x10” w/Tweeter 52 LBS
    CTR500-EXT115 - 300W / 8 ohms 41 LBS
    CTR500-EXT210 - 300W / 8 ohms 43 LBS

Pictures here:

Wall Photos | Facebook

New Shuttle 9.2 and Max 12.2

Wall Photos | Facebook

Wall Photos | Facebook

2. Mike Arnopol

Mike Arnopol Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    Interesting. I was talking to the Faital rep yesterday. He said that Genz switched exclusively to Faital drivers. I thought they mostly did neo. (he said that they have tons of neodynium on hand--they bought 200 tons or so he says). I usually associate Faital with Neo, but I guess that they do ceramic also.

3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

These guys are firing on all cylinders! Three nice lines of neo cabs, and now a lower priced ceramic line that is pretty much 'neo lightweight' (I assume due to the cab material and design).

Something for almost everyone.

And, Faital drivers are awesome. Great quality stuff, and looks like plenty of supply.

4. New info added, see top post.

5. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    Whats nice is the super light weight while using a Ceramic Mag.. Many people will be interested in these cabs.... Myself included

6. Not to mention 8 ohms. This is going to get a lot more people on the GB bandwagon.

7. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    lookin' good.

8. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    I can see a lot of people that use the under powered ampeg BA115 getting one of these 115 combos.. (Sorry JimmyM) Love you man!

Ampeg has some great stuff, I just don't like that BA115 combo. I and see this CTR500-115T as a real nice candidate...

9. If anyone has street prices, would love to know. I assume Genz is updating the site as we speak.

Probably the most on the ball bass amp/cab manufacturer in the current market, IMO.

Definitely saving for a new Genz amp....but no rush....going to get the 'right' one.

10. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Anyone know when these will actually hit the websites and shelves? I'm guessing soon after NAMM.

11. Really like the looks of the "Focus LT" series, ceramic magnets sound nice

12. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    100% of the time.. from my experience... Genz will not show a product unless it is ready to ship... May want to call your dealers.. They may not know yet since Genz Benz allows the TB community to get a little sneak peak.
    . Im guessing but I may be wrong,, but the Website may wait until start the actual of NAMM show next week before they do a 3am update to the site... Just guessing...

13. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Gosh, that Shuttle 210t combo stack looks killer. I bet that thing slams....I'm in bad trouble...again.

14. 2 of those 112Ts would match PERFECTLY with my Shuttle 3.0... just as I thought I had my cab situation figured out :rollno: Any news on retail price of these guys?

15. +1

16. RColie

RColie Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Aged Horse mentioned on the other Genz thread that all new products are in their warehouse and ready to ship to the dealers.

Bob

17. Thought I'd add that I've been emailing with Jeff a bit about when the new stuff will hit Canada, and he said sometime in February, probably mid to late month.

18. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    They are firing on all cylinders.

19. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    correct Kirk. We are ready to ship...but most dealers are just finding out about the product now...and/or at NAMM.

20. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these combos. I can't decide if I want the 112 or 210 version...decisions, decisions.