New German Bow from H Cirillo

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by .matthew e wengerd., Feb 8, 2004.

1. I just purchased an H Cirillo (factory, as I understand) bow from David Forbes in Gainesville and could not be happier with it. At 139 grams, it draws a much fuller sound out of my bass than my previous chinese bow.

This bow exhibits a gorgeous purple stick of pernambuco with an elegantly shaped head. The fully lined frog is of average proportion with a well-finished look and feel.

Most importantly, I sound much better than I ever have with my Chinese bow. At significantly less than $1,000, this is, in my opinion, the best bow for the money.
  2. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    Brewster, NY, USA
    No, this is NOT a "factory" bow. Mr. Cirillo worked until recently for the Waterviolet shop in Brazil. His bows are handmade except for the frog, which is European. This shop harvests, dries, cuts and converts its own pernambuco, and is strongly involved in pernambuco reforestation. These are fabulous bows for the money.
  3. Thanks. I knew Forbes strongly recommended them specifically for their quality and re-forestation stance. I guess I presumed it was a "workshop" bow because of the price. It is definitely a fantastic bow! Thanks again.
  4. olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France