1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Gibson LPs... wow

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Nov 11, 2006.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I don't know, they look a little busy.

2. Wow, those look horrible.

3. You serious?!

They're dead sexy.

[​IMG]

4. Whaddaya call the red one? Salmon burst?! Haha

5. All of 'em look like gibson put them together with all the trash they had laying around. The tops look straight off of those nasty epi LPs that guitar center's always whoring out. And then to top it off, they left off the finishing touches such as trussrod covers, full electronics, and pickup/switch surrounds to 'simplfy' the look.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They seem to be a hodge-podge of "nice" parts that don't interest me. I'll take a Studio or even a Faded over one of these, any day.

7. Too fancy, a classic sunburst (or whatever they call the orange-burst) screams classic rock and roll to me. :D

8. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I agree, looks like crap.

9. I like them.

I think that's the first time I've seen a factory Paul with a P-90 at the neck, and a humbucker at the bridge. :cool:

Musiciansfriend is having a sale too; faded SGs: www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Faded-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=517222

And here's one everyone can afford: www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-51-Electric-Guitar?sku=519636

I've never played one, but they get good reviews at some of the guitar forums I occasionally peek into.

$100 - you can't get hurt. ;)

Check out the whole site.

Mike