New GK...I love it! (1001RB-II)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dave120, Aug 26, 2005.

1. dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Well I finally pulled the trigger and bought this amp that I've been gassing over forever. Been saving my pennies all summer and finally got enough money to buy it (at a really good price too!).

This amp sounds exactly how I want it to. It's really punchy and has such a clean sound. You can also make it sound almost exactly like a GK 800RB but with a lot more power. Right now I'm running it through my Steelsound 4x10 and it sounds great. Steelsound's new cabinets really do sound great, especially for the price. My band loved the tone I got from this amp today. And I was using my SX with flats and the stock pickup on it! I'm gonna put some new strings (Rotosound nickel RS66) on my T24 and see how much it growls...

Anybody who wants to buy GK stuff, or some other brands, definately check out RMC Audio (formerly Rik's Music) . Best prices I've seen on GK stuff. I got the 1001RB-II for $600 with no tax and free shipping. I ordered it Tuesday night and it got to my door this morning (Friday). How's that for service?! They even sent me an e-mail to confirm that I got the tracking # that was supposed to automatically get sent to me (which it did). That's the price that MF or anywhere else is selling the 700RB-II for, plus you usually have to pay shipping. And it is brand spanking new sealed in the original box and everything with warranty. I'm definately a satisfied customer! If it wasn't 1/4 to midnight I'd still have that amp cranked (to about 3, just short of blowing my eardrums :) ). Tons of headroom, and It's only 480 watts at the 8 ohms it's running at...I can't imagine how loud it would get with the full 700, especially running my M-80 in front of it.