1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New GK MB combo listed on MF!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by packhowitzer, Jun 6, 2012.

1. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
  2. packhowitzer

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    I guess nobody cares but me. lol

3. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I'm curious about whether I could just plug my preamp or pedalboard into an MBP and go "headless". I think that would be great!

4. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    You mean the powered boxes? Long ago someone mentioned that they want to see something other than what's typically called line level. I can't remember whether he said the voltage is higher or lower. If you search back far enough you'll probably find it. Look for GK powered enclosures or something like that.

5. packhowitzer

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
  6. If you do a TB search there were some pics of the new GK MB combo amps and the extension power cabs posted - they have black cloth grills, a bigger GK logo, the extra power cab jack, and etc.

7. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Ah well... so much for that idea.

8. packhowitzer

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    yeah- I saw the thread. the new amps look pretty cool. In fact, I mentioned in my first post that the pics on MF don't match the new catalog. I for one look forward to the new design. the only beef I have with my MB115 is that the grill rattles. I had to put a long wood screw through a rubber washer then throught the bottom right corner of the grill- stopped the rattle right away and now that amp is rock solid. the new cloth grill ought to keep that from happening.

9. I read a few people had lose grills - however, I have two MB115s (and older one and the newer) and I've never had any problem with my amps. Anyway, I’m sure the new MB combos will be really nice.

10. I was looking at the Phil Jones powered extension for a GK MB150-S combo. Now I'm wondering if one of the new GK powered extension cabs might be a good match. Either the 1x12 or 1x15 cab. The MB150 sounds fine with DB by itself but I really am not sold on using it for electric. One of these new powered cabs might change that. Thoughts? Bad idea?