Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New G'nR Song?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by alexssandro, Aug 30, 2002.

1. I was listening to the radio today (my new car only has radio) and I heard a Guns 'n Roses (or Axl :rolleyes: ) song I had never heard before.

The chorus went something like "Don't mess with this son of a gun, don't mess with this son of a b**ch."

Is this a new song, or have I just been really out of it? I must admit I hardly ever listen to the radio.

2. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    It's gotta be their cover of "Hair of the dog" by Nazareth. GnR's version is about 10 years old.

The original Nazareth song is probably closer to 25-30 years old.

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

As Axl Rose did appear on the MTV Video Awards show with a band...not the originals...does this mean a new album is forthcoming? Anybody know?

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

A friend told me that Buckethead was Guns'n'Roses' guitarist for their unscheduled appearance on the eMpTV Video Awards. Could that possibly be true?? (Somebody please shoot me in the head if Buckethead joined G'n'R full time....)

5. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Apparently, a new Guns album is still a ways off. Axl must think that if he jerks us all around long enough, we'll be more excited about his "rebirth." :rolleyes:

I believe the new album is to be called Chinese Democracy. They are on tour overseas as we speak. Check out their official site at www.gnronline.com.

FWIW, I can't see the new G 'n' R doing anything close to what the original G 'n' R did. You couldn't beat Jungle with a stick.

6. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Axl & Co have like 3 years "finishing" the new GnR album, it´s called "Chinese Democracy" and thats all that I know.....

That´s true, the man have been playing with Axl since their "debut" gig on new year 2001, and played in Rock in Rio 2001......

there´s no Slash, no Duff, no Izzy, no Steven Adler... so that´s no GnR for me

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I agree completely...the original line up had magic and charisma. Whatever they lacked in musicianship they made up for by having a unique and dynamic chemistry. There can be no real , meaningful Guns n' Roses without that original group and I guess a reunion would be darned nearly impossible (until they are the same age as the Eagles and put aside their differences to earn a truckload of money in a "Hell Freezes Over" style tour and new album release.)

8. odie

odie Supporting Member

Actually I think Izzy played at MTV thing.

9. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002

i like your new avatar so much better, the old one was giving me nightmares :rolleyes:

10. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    Buckethead, Fripp (NIN) and Brain (Primus) are in the band. I want It to be good. I want it to be great.

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Hah! Robert Fripp - now that would be an interesting rumor.

Nope, it's Robin Finck from NIN.

Also Tommy Stinson from the Replacements.

The lineup is almost surreal to me.

12. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Wait a minute now -- you have the avatar that you have and my avatar was giving you nightmares? What a world, what a world!

;) :D

13. Well i saw them at leeds about a week and a half ago. we were waiting about an hour for them to come on stage. We were waiting so long we made a fire whilst waiting. Anyway
    they came on in darkness and the welcome to the jungle riff came on and the crowd went mad.

14. It's like the other dude said, no slash, izzy or dizzy, no GnR. To top it all off Axl can't sing anymore, he has dreadlocks, and one of the guitar players has a bucket on his head! Whack! Just seems like a scam Axl came up with to get more money for herion. Screw em'

15. odie

odie Supporting Member

Izzy is jamming with them, man did everyone skip reading my first post?:)