New Govt Mule disc.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Funkster, May 31, 2001.

1. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hi all just wanted to give you all a heads up on the new Govt Mule line up.
    It looks as if the the reamainig members are putting out a tribute to Woody and it's got a ton of guest bassplayers on it and you won't believe who some of them are . it looks like it's going to be a great album and it's got most of my favorite players on it. Check it out and click on the news page.
  2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Wow! That is some line up of bass players and includes two of my favorites, Oteil Burbridge and Willy Weeks. Thanks for posting news about "The New School of Government Mule." I guess using many different bass players means, like Metallica, they haven't settled on a full time replacement for Allen Woody.

Actually, Metallica could do the same thing...use a bang up bunch of top bass players, one for each song on their next album.
  3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    I'm looking forward to this disc myself. I don't think anybody could replace Woody; he had such a totally appropriate style for the Mule. I do continue to support Warren and Matt and am anxious to see them turn tragedy into something really cool with another bassist(s). I'd also love to see Chuck Leavell as a full-time member!