1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Grover or HipShot Tuners

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by jazzyitalian, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Guys-

I don't know who Gibson used to supply tuners back in the 1970's. Maybe someone out there knows better than I.

These look like Grovers or possibly Hipshots. But one thing is for certain: The tuners have Gibson Etched on the back plates and without question, new old stock. The tuners are part of an inventory buy out my brother and I took on from a retired 70 year old Luthier about two years ago.

They look to be mid to late 70's tuners. Black chrome and very rare indeed. 4-in-line...right handed.

Without question, I can tell these are high quality tuners. They're brand new. We really can't use them for our custom Buscanti basses, because they have the Gibson name on them. So off they must go.

Price: Only $75 shipped and insured...Conus. Because of the fact that these look to be that old, I will be insuring them no matter what... I like Paypal...

I'm here on Tuesday, but gone until Friday.

Thanks...Jazz..

GroverHSasp.

GroverHSgroup.

2. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    What size are the posts? Would they fit on a fender-style neck?

3. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yes.. They are the same as the fender standard holes.

4. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    Those were made by Schaller.

5. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks for the correction....Schallers these are I guess....

6. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    And...There gone. It's amazing you say "Grover" and they sit for enternity. But once I was corrected that they were "Schallers" all of a sudden every one wants them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.