New Guid Starfire Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PennyroyalWe, Apr 11, 2021.

1. PennyroyalWe

PennyroyalWe

Sep 2, 2018
    Oregon
    Anyone else see this? Looks pretty interesting to me. I’m not exactly in the market for another hollow body short scale, but dang it all if this one isn’t tempting.
    Guild Starfire I Bass DC Vintage Walnut
    FB0AA7B9-3019-4BA1-8FF3-D33D70AF51A5.jpeg

2. Maybe it's me but that pickup looks completely out of place on a Starfire...

3. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I can't quite put my finger on it but somethin' looks a bit off there.

PennyroyalWe likes this.
  4. PennyroyalWe

PennyroyalWe

Sep 2, 2018
    Oregon
    It looks slightly off center to me, but pretty sure that’s just an optical illusion. I just like the idea of a starfire p bass.

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Out there!
    Is this one of those "if you can't beat them, join them" basses?

ajkula66 likes this.
  6. kevinpmajka

kevinpmajka Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Phoenix
    I think the cool thing about hollowbody or semi hollow body basses is the dual pickup config with wide apart pickups for that air to work - I bet this sounds a lot like a casady or P Bass. I think the Bisonic on a Precision bass - sounds pretty precision with just a different timber - at least so far. It's only been a couple months for me, and just never with a band or on a recording.

Not sure where this would go. As an alternative bass to the Lumineers having a Starfire II bass - this would be a cool option - but not sure. It's definitely Guild expanding their reach which is cool.

(I have no idea if the Lumineers use Guild basses - just trying to throw out a rootsy / Folk / Americana band that plays Guild guitars. Obviously I'm not cool and not sure of other bands like that currently in the mainstream.)

PennyroyalWe likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022