1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Guitar Amp.... Already has issues?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassman314, May 11, 2006.

1. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    So.. I picked up a Fender Pro Junior... It's a little 15watt tube-amp..

In the store, the thing was exacrlty what you want in a 15 watt tube amp.. super clean, super loud.. sweet tone... nice and crisp..

The amp I purchased was not the same one I tested

Anyway, I get it home and out of th ebox.. turn the tone and volume knobs all the way down... plug in.. turn it on....

Before I even touch the volume knobs? HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I unplug the internal speaker and stick a 1x10 cab I have lying around.. literally.... HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

uhm.. Help?

2. If it's brand new, out of the box and is giving you problems already, just take it back for a replacement.

Mike

3. +1

4. bassman314

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    yeah.. I'm going to spend some quality time with it tomorrow and see if it's power, or cable.. or whatever..

but likely, Mondya Morning, I get to haul it inot work to take it back.. yayness...

blaaah... hopefully they have another one in stock...

5. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    my buddies got one of those. nice little tube amps. they can really crank too. have fun, hope it works out for you.

6. bassman314

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    SO I went and wanked on it for awhile today at my church.. no one was around...

The hiss is there.. but it is getting better.. maybe it's a power tube break-ing thing *L*

I used my friend's epi LP, and wow.. this is a GREAT sounding amp. It gets some serious crunch going at high volume levels. I just wish it had gain and volume, so I could get nice crunch at moderate volume levels.. *L* looks like I'll be FORCED to build a new pedal board for guitar *L*

of course... now I have GAS... I need to get me an MIM strat and soon *L* ;)

naaah... just need to get me my cease.transmission... the strat will come later...

7. Is that the small amp that has only a volume knob? I've been interested for using that as a guitar recording amp.

8. bassman314

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    yea.. l'il 15 watt tube amp.. volume and tone knob.. that's all she wrote..

I think I've decided I'm gonna keep it... The hiss is getting less and less... I think it might just be some crazy thing witht he power tubes... I had too much fun sticking an LP through my pedal board into it *L*