1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New guy from Northern Ontario!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by sse1990, Mar 12, 2009.

1. sse1990

sse1990

Mar 12, 2009
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Well after many years of not playing ( about 15 years), I am finally trying to get back into it. When I got out of it I sold what gear I had so I have to start over again. I bought a Peavy Millennium BXP 5-string as the last bass I bought was a 5-string and I always told myself if I played again it would be 5-string. I am using an old 30 watt Gorilla amp that was still laying around that my brother used to use for his Keyboard.

I was kinda "convinced" to get back into it as my fiancee's brother plays guitar and bass and her uncle plays drums.

Of course i will need to get a better amp to play with them but her brother has a messa boogie head that I can use, sorta, lol.

If possible I will probably end up finding a Yorkville xm 200T amp or Yorkville head. I had a yorkville amp in my old setup and liked it, plus they are reasonably priced used.

2. Welcome to TB(and back to the bass). :cool:

3. buzzguy

buzzguy

Mar 8, 2009
    Winnipeg
    Hey dude! Sudbury, eh? Sheesh, that's not really "north". Try living in Red Lake...now that's "the north"! lol
    Anyway, glad to hear you're getting back into it. I took a few years off, and am trying to do the same thing. It's actually amazing how easy it really is to get "back into the groove". Kind of like riding a bike, I'm finding. The worst part is trying to grow my calluses back; my wife thinks it's kind of gross!