1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New guy from SW Ohio

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by 1fowlhunter, Mar 11, 2013.

1. 1fowlhunter

1fowlhunter

Mar 10, 2013
    Hello all,
    I'm freshly off of an 18 year bass playing hiatus. I lost all of my gear in a flooded basement way back when, didn't have renters insurance:bawl: and never replaced it.

This past week one of my brother in laws had an old bass sitting around that he offered to me, like a fool I accepted it. Now when I open my wallet I hear a vacuum. I was gifted with an old BC Rich Beast bass. Now when I played way back when I played Fenders and preferred my Jazz bass. So to say it was a shock to try and play this BC Rich is an understatement. So I went and picked up a new amp, GK MB115 this past weekend. I'm really digging it by the way. I have already been eyeing a new bass, looking at the Ibanez SG 300 series and 400QM.

I don't remember the Ibanez Bass's having such sweet necks when I previously played. Probably one of the few bass's that I can actually play 5 string on.

Thanks for letting me ramble,
    Bill

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome! Yep, you're in trouble. You got bit in a big way. Say goodbye to a good chunk of your money. It happens to the best of us. But hopefully you'll get together with some guys and jam a bit and have some fun.

3. Welcome back! :cool: