New Guy, Saying Hi!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by BCRichguy, Jan 2, 2018.

1. BCRichguy

BCRichguy

Jan 2, 2018
    Hey everyone, I've been reading threads on here by way of Google for years...figured it was about time I signed up. I played the bass for a few years in my younger days 87-92 ish...then ended up singing for the next 10 or so years. Along that journey I became a professional stagehand and have been doing that for almost 20 years.
    As far as equipment currently I have
    1. Bound Neck thru 1999 BC Rich Warlock double P pickup setup trans black.
    2. Late 90s bolt on BC Rich Mockingbird double P Pickups.
    3. Epiphone Explorer Bass, white set neck double Gibson bass humbuckers.
    4.Dean Dime Razorback Neck thru string thru 35" scale with stock Dean Active bucker style pickups with 2 band eq.
    5. Dean Metalman 2A V bass with active pickups. (Got it super cheap)
    I run them all through a Orange Crush bass 100 and the only pedal I currently own is a Morley Cliff Burton Power Fuzz Wah, but the blended gain channel on the Orange amp mimics a Big Muff nicely. I play Ernie Ball regular and super slinkys on them with both my fingers and a pick depending. If you couldn't tell I'm a big Cliff Burton fan. Glenn Hughes and Steve Harris as well although my favorite has to be Geezer Butler. I'm currently on the lookout for a Gene Simmons Punisher Bass...one I dont have to re-mortgage the house for! I would love to find a Cort one and throw some EMG GZR pick ups in it...but I dream of one of the BC Rich Punishers. Outside of that, I'm always looking for a clean Fender Jass Special and someday I'll pick up a Jaguar bass just for fun...but I am overall really happy with my gear...Especially my Crush amp and BC Richs. Thanks Everyone!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    flojob likes this.
  2. Welcome. Chime in we can learn from your experience.

3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

welcome aboard, BCRichguy !

hope you have as much fun here as the rest of us! :thumbsup:

4. BCRichguy

BCRichguy

Jan 2, 2018
    Thanks, I'm sure I will. Seems everyone here (for the most part) trys to help when they can...hopefully I can do the same while learning some new stuff myself.

JRA likes this.
  5. BCRichguy

BCRichguy

Jan 2, 2018
    I'm gonna try! Thanks.

JRA likes this.
  6. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

Welcome!

Stop in and say hello!!!!!

------->Dean Club!!!<--------

7. LBS-bass