1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New guy saying hi

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigdaddyJG, May 17, 2011.

1. BigdaddyJG

BigdaddyJG

Apr 24, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    I'm not sure if this is the right spot, but I wanted to drop a line and intro myself. My name is James and I currently live in Las Vegas, NV. I have played bass for over 15 years. Most of my experience is playing in Christian bands and leading worship. I currently have a 97 Alembic Essence 5 string that has been with me for over 12 years. My skill level is average but since most of my bass playing life I was a lead singer, my chops had to be easier.

I looking to grow and learn more since I am not leading right now. Id like to try my hand at some slapping and tapping and learn some more blue runs. I have plenty to learn. I may pick up a Superchops 4 bass beginners set.

I'm looking to squeeze as much info from this forum. As much as I love my Alembic I think I'm looking for a new sound. I will looking to trade it for a EBMM5. As soon as I can post in the classified section. How many posts do I need to post there?

Thanks for you advice.

James

Attached Files:

2. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    To the gassified world of Talkbass. To post in the classifieds you need to become a supporting member. look to the left. Cheap considering what you get.

My unsolicited advice is to seek out your new sound, go for an EBMM, BUT KEEP YOUR ALEMBIC. You will miss it dearly if you let it go.

Have fun,

JBY

3. Hello, James~ I'm Jongsu and I live in South Korea.

Maybe you might wanna bring your Christian band and drop by

the big churches here.

You might know, there are many giant rich churches in Korea!

Don't tell God about that I gave you this info. ;)

4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK SUSPENDED Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Welcome aboard!

You'll have fun and get some good info...

I am in vegas a bit, so let us know when your playing!

5. keep the Alembic!!!

and get a used SR5 or a Sterling by Musicman Ray35

6. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Welcome to TB!

7. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

Hello....welcome to TalkBass...This is a great place...I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I see that you already have a Supporting Membership.
    Smooth move....you'll do fine here. Peace :cool: )-(

8. BigdaddyJG

BigdaddyJG

Apr 24, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    I wish I was able to buy another bass out right. I gave recorded with and played my Alembic for so long. But I'm ready to move on. I have another bass buddy that says it is just because I'm just used to playing it. Good thing my marriage isn't that way ;)