1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New guy with new bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bad Seed, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Bad Seed

Bad Seed

Dec 5, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Hi, ran across this board on another board, lot's of cool stuff, so I thought I would share my new bass I got today

I've been looking for another 5 string after my LTD 5 string I had crapped out after being 3 weeks old. Found this Fender 5 String P on craigslist so I went and checked it out, pretty good condition too! It's the discontinued one with the bridge pickup. This thing weighs a ton too, and it's a beast! For some reason it has a lot more sustain then my jazz, I'm assuming from the dual coil bridge pickup in it. Apparently fender stopped making these in 03, and they "broke the mold" meaning they will never make them again? If anyone has any info on them, post it up please. Anyways, here's some pics of it, for some reason, the color came out blue, BUT IT'S NOT BLUE! It's green :D

IMG_0718.
    IMG_0720.

Pic with my jazz
    IMG_0716.

2. Great combo. Very slick Jazz, too. You really can't go wrong with black and maple.

3. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    Ooh nice! How much that set you back?

4. Bad Seed

Bad Seed

Dec 5, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Yea my Jazz is my baby, I almost won a 5 string black/maple jazz on ebay a few days ago, but lost it:(

$1125 with a HSC. It's in almost mint shape with no dings or scratches.

5. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    That is a MIA 5-String P-Bass Deluxe. They actually still made those untill the end of '06. Fender discontinued the five string in '07. They still make the 4 string model though.

That is a nice bass and a great color. They have not used that color for several years. They may have discontinued that color in '03 or so. I have seen it on an '03 Jazz and it does look more green than your picture shows. It's more of a teal color in person. Fender needs to bring that color back.

Anyway nice score and enjoy it.

Did I mention that I love that color.:smug:

6. Bad Seed

Bad Seed

Dec 5, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Yea for some reason I can't get a pic of the color, all the pics are blue, but yea it's the transparent green. The guy I bought it from told me they stopped making them in 03, and he told me he called fender about them and they're the one's that told him they broke the mold. Yea the green looks nice in person though! Does that seem like a good price?

It's a 99 model the guy said too, but is there any way I can confirm that?

7. thecapm

thecapm

Dec 27, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I like your poster ^^

8. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    Nice. :)

And 2 pics, 3 Metallica posters? Even better! :D

9. Bad Seed

Bad Seed

Dec 5, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    yea I'm a Met fan, what can I say:bassist:

10. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    It's a shame they discontinued these, they are great basses.

Good luck with selling it.