Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Guy....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FenderHotRod, Sep 1, 2004.

1. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Hey Everybody.

I have been lurking around here for a little while, so i finally decided to sign up to this board.

I do come from a guitar player back ground :spit: Funny thing is at 14 or 15 my first guitar was a Bass. It was a christmas present, but my dad took it back before Christmas and bought me a guitar instead.(that's right I found it in a closet. :) ).
    Fastfoward: a couple of years :eyebrow:
    Anyway, I went to Collage a received a BA in Music. Downside when I finished school I was burned out on playing guitar(it was no longer fun). I didn't touch a guitar of any kind for about three years.

When I started to feel like i wanted to get back into music I decided to go to the Bass. Even when I was a guitarist I always liked Bass Players. My first bass was a Dean Edge 4. Which after reading the Joco book is now a fretless.
    My next Bass was A Fender Hot Rod American. Which I bought with my tax return befor I got married. I always wanted to have an American made Instrument.
    And in the next couple of weeks I plan on buying a friends Peavey Fury 6. :hyper:
    Just wanted to say Hi. And give a little info.

Cheers,
    Kelly

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  3. Hey you! I'm becca.

What a coincidence! I ALSO play bass!! :D

have a fun...thing

bye

4. wow! you two play bass? I play bass as well!

5. What are the odds of that?!?!

6. I play bass as well! I also play some bad a$$ guitar (I am not very good yet, but the guitar is bad a$$)

7. I have a guitar background as well. Actually, its my main instrument. Whoops.

8. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    ummm.....Why do I get this filling that in my intro. that I have either said something wrong or something i said was taken the wrong way.
    oh well*shrugs*

9. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Hey Dude whatever welcome to the Freaken Board.

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    No worries, buddy, no worries :D.

Have a good time, I'm sure you'll find the site is very helpful.

11. Hey Kelly, welcome to the board. Yeah, Talkbass has a bad reputation for being snarky to new members but if you stick it out, you'll fit right in. Don't take it personally - you'll learn a ton of bass knowledge while you're here.

12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    like also using the search feature to find the new member thread in misc right? :)

anyway... wow.. this is weird... alot of the people here play bass... whats going on?

13. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    With all the lurking that I did, I never went in misc. It's like what the 13 or 14th Fourm down. I don't even make it down this far usually.

Anyway thanks rabid_granny and Govithoy.

14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Don't mess with me, punk.

15. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Welcome. Most of these kids think they're innovative & hot sh!t. Don't mind them. The cool heads will help you out.

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Actually, I'm instigative and spicy chicken...

17. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    that's not me..

im just directing his attention towards the search feature before someone else does

18. And I know that I'm unfunny, unoriginal and unhelpful but I'm still gonna keep posting anyway! :hyper:

Welcome.

Leigh

19. You rang? :D

Welcome to the board, man.

20. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    and by that i guess you also mean newbies breaking profanity rules?