1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Handles for MB150?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chrix, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Chrix

Chrix

Apr 9, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Would anyone here happen to know where one could find a new handle for a GK MB150? I worry mine might be on its way out and I really would rather not drop my amp... I've tried GK's website, but with no real luck. Thanks!

2. Old Schooler

Old Schooler

Aug 22, 2008
    Why not try using clips like what go on car speakers? The clips slip over the panel and allow you to run a screw through the panel and speaker and support the unit. I did this trick with my '66 Gibson GSS50 for the handle and the head with no fears of looking like a goober setting up for a show.

3. Old Schooler

Old Schooler

Aug 22, 2008
    Sometimes new isn't available. Try here.

http://www.oaktreeent.com/GK_Gallien-Kruger_Parts_Units.htm

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    My MB150 combo has what looks like a completely generic strap handle. Parts Express has these. The strap and the end clips are easily separated, so you could use the old clips with a new strap for a good fit.

5. Chrix

Chrix

Apr 9, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Thanks, guys. This'll help.