Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Hanewinckel fretless is here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geshel, Jun 28, 2002.

1. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    (drum roll please) UPS stopped by around 2 PM today . . . and brought me my new Hanewinckel fretless. . .the one I've been eagerly awaiting for some months now. . . :D

This thing is great. Incredible. Looks better in person than the pics. Sounds awesome - I told Pete I wanted maximum growl with this, and it delivers! The action is ridiculously low - the C string is practically sitting on the fretboard at the nut. Plays like butter. Can you tell I like it? It's nice an light too compared to my fretted (which isn't hard, I admit. I think the fretless is right around 9 pounds).

So. . .the pictures!! :)

[​IMG]

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    From the other thread, a nice professional photo:

[​IMG]

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Brothers? Sisters? Something like that

[​IMG]

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Note the complimentary use of padauk. . . :)

[​IMG]

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    DAAYYYUMM!!!!!!!
    SWEET!!!
    man- you must be on cloud nine-- i have heard these sound ridiculously good!!!!!! and that wood!! you know im loving it!! congrats!! enjoy, my man!!

6. I think I echo nearly everyone's sentiments here when I say......It's beautiful, but I'd like to hear some sound samples! :D

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Thanks - yeah, it's just unreal how nice it is. The RMC piezos are really great too - now I've got GAS for them on the fretted :) they're a lot fuller and warmer sounding than the Shadows.

8. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I'll try to get some sound samples up tomorrow. If I start now I'll be up all night playing it! :) need sleep. . .

9. I'll certainly be anxiously awaiting the sound samples! I'm thinking about selling off my Zon so I can put the cash towards a fretless Pedulla *Buzz or a Hanewinckel. About how long did it take to have that beauty built, Geshel? Also I know this may be a little improper, but how much did she cost? You can PM me or just tell me to get lost if you don't want to give up that info. ;)

10. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    another impressive bass!!

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
  12. :eek:

Man, I wish I could get my Zon to sound like that! Awesome! Nice work on Jerry, btw. :D

13. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    David, it took about 5 months from deposit to door. It was a bit longer than Pete anticipated because things got pretty busy. For the cost, you can pretty much figure that out looking at the website :) Pro 6 bolt-on, piezos, a little extra for the fancy top. Pete was great and gave me last year's prices however because I'd started talking to him about it in December before he raised them a bit. Also the prices on the website are "list" so the direct cost is a little lower. Uh, so I guess I just contradicted myself there. ;) Anyway you get the idea. All in all being a bolt-on and without so many laminations, it came out about a thousand less than my fretted :eek: which was a pleasant suprise.

14. Thanks for the info! I may have to shoot Pete an email to see if he can build me something similar to yours. I've already saved the samples to my hard drive. :D

15. Looks beautiful - sounds great!

Congrats!!!

Jeff

16. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Very sweet bass. It's a joy to see another fine piece of playable art. Congrats!

17. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Geshel,

I knew from the first pics you posted that this was gonna be a monster, but DAY-UMM it's beautiful!! The picture of your two Hanewinckels side by side should be Pete's new homepage. Hope Pete gave you a good discount, 'cause he'll probably pick up a few more orders just from the exposure your basses are giving him.

Peace,

James

18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  19. Mook

Mook

Jun 19, 2002