Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Hanewinckel in the family! Lots of photos ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave Grossman, May 4, 2004.

1. I just got this one yesterday. It was at eBay a couple of times in December and January but the reserve was too high. It just came back on the market last week within the amount I was willing to spend on it so I snagged it.

[​IMG]

It's a Hanewinckel Arpeggio Artist 7-string neck-through. The fretboard is Wenge, body core is (Swamp?) Ash, the top is a nice quilted Maple and the neck is Maple with Purpleheart and perhaps Walunt laminates.

And here's the obligatory family photo:

[​IMG]

More photos at:

http://www.unpronounceable.com/images/hanewinckel/studio/

more info to come later.

Have a nice day, I know I will. :D

- Dave

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    You know, there are starving children in Northeast Illinois that don't have _any_ Hanewinckels. Think about _that_ when you go to bed tonight. ;)

Nice score. :)

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Glad you snared that one, Dave! Nice family shot, too. Maybe send Pete that last pic?

I'll be very interested to hear the details of how the new 7 sounds when you've had a chance to put it though its paces.

Again, congrats! :D

4. I noticed it on eBay a few times. Congrats! Sweet lookin' family! :bassist:

5. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    SWEET JESUS THERE'S A LOT OF STRINGS IN THAT PICTURE! something like 39.

:eek:

Beautiful bass, but really, you should share with some of the people here who don't have ANY Hanewinckel's.

6. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    wow dave, nice collection.

Ok, I need to find a customer who will buy 6 JP :D

lol

Peace,
    JP

7. Dave,
    Pete Hanewinckel should name a wing of his shop after you! "The Dave Grossman Division - made possible by the generous contributions of Dave Grossman"

You and BoogieBass are probably putting his kids through college!

8. Haha, yeah, Pete and I talked about me putting his daughter through college years ago. In fact, the day I met Pete was the day after his child was born. If that's not fate, I don't know what is. :D

I already have my eyes on a new Hanewinckel. A 7-string neck-through piccolo Draken with a 30" scale length. Or something close to that.

If you notice, my new 7-string is Pete's poster-child for the Arpeggio body style at http://www.hguitars.com/ . It's actually an old instrument. I think from 1999. It's in nearly perfect condition though. I've only found one minor dent which the seller told me about.

- Dave

9. Thanks! I'd like to try out one of yours someday. They look very good. I'm sure you'll have people hoarding JP's soon enough.

- Dave

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Hey! It's Dave! You're back! Nice bass; very cool.

How many of those Hanewinkles can you play at one time? :D

11. Yeah, I've been really busy and haven't had much time to post. I just had to post the new family photos though. :)

I can play all of them at one time. Well, with the help of my Echoplex Digital looper. :D

- Dave

12. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    I've got some customers with 3 for the moment ;)

You're in california right? how far from SF? maybe you can hook up with Horace to try one?

Peace,
    JP

13. wow! out of all of the family pics i have seen here, i must say yours is by far one of my favourites. congrats on the new bass

14. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    Dave, Dave, Dave,

you know it ain't part of the family until it gets its own stand!

:D

gorgeous set!

f

15. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Nice little tribe you got goin' there, Dave. Do you have a favorite based on sound? Playability? Appearance?

With my two, I like the tone of my Arpeggio fretless 6 best, the wood pattern on the Arpeggio best, and the body style of my fretted Ceres 6 best.

Peace,

James

16. This new one (well, new to me) is the best bass I've ever played. I jammed with it last night again and it just shined. The tone was incredible. Despite the fact that the neck was considerably thicker than my other 7-string, I still had no problem adjusting to it.

All of my Hanewinckels have different tonal characteristics. I'd say that my second favorite Hane would be my 7-string fretless:

[​IMG]

I'll post more info about my other Hanes when I get a chance. Gotta go now.

- Dave